Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with my foam cannon

M3Eric

Question

So I recently got my Adams foam cannon and pressure washer. I searched the forums for the recommended PW, many suggested the Ryobi so I purchased the 2,000 psi model. After getting everything hooked up I gave it a whirl and unfortunately I was sadly disappointed. My foam gun is nearly the same. I am looking for the thick, shaving cream I have seen but mine is not doing that. The only time I was happy with the foam coming out was when the canister was about to run out, the last few seconds made great foam. I tried the whole process again and same thing, runny watery foam until the last little bit then for a couple seconds it was good. I have checked the clear hose inside and its connected and I have adjusted the valve as well. Still no thick foam. Please someone give me some good advice on how to make this work better and create some thick foam. Thanks in advance...

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Red Rambler said:

Next question, what is your dilution ratio? 

I was just testing it out so I only filled the canister half way and added about as much as I would add to my foam gun. After the first try, and of course it working better the last couple seconds before the canister ran out, I decided to try again thinking that maybe it was working better now. I did another half canister of water but this time added a little more shampoo than the last time but same result.

Given your pressure washer is working accordingly my guess is you need to add less water or more foam shampoo. If your looking for the shaving cream consistency. I would try 3 ounces of UFS to begin with and up the ounces to your liking. 

Edited by Red Rambler

I had similar results my first go round as well. I filled the canister to the top of the neck, where it bottle necks with water and did two ounces of UFS and about the same amount of foam as using my foam gun. It was highly water diluted if you will. 

Edited by Red Rambler

All is good. Adams sent me a new foam Cannon, no questions asked......using the new Cannon, Imeasured the amount of soap and used 4oz, also played more with the controls, I installed snub nose gun with quick disconnects and tried again. Everything is good now! I found that not bottoming out the knob on the - makes my soap last wayyyy longer and also makes for better foam. I go all the way to the -, then begin backing it off until I get the foamy result I am looking for. Thanks for all the help Rambler!!

1 hour ago, M3Eric said:

All is good. Adams sent me a new foam Cannon, no questions asked......using the new Cannon, Imeasured the amount of soap and used 4oz, also played more with the controls, I installed snub nose gun with quick disconnects and tried again. Everything is good now! I found that not bottoming out the knob on the - makes my soap last wayyyy longer and also makes for better foam. I go all the way to the -, then begin backing it off until I get the foamy result I am looking for. Thanks for all the help Rambler!!

Awesome! Glad to hear that. For me when I go all the way to the minus sign, the foam is of shaving cream consistency. How do you like the snub nose gun? I built my own out of a MTD gun and quick connects. Tell me how your forearms feel after using it for a while?

On 3/20/2018 at 10:19 AM, Red Rambler said:

Awesome! Glad to hear that. For me when I go all the way to the minus sign, the foam is of shaving cream consistency. How do you like the snub nose gun? I built my own out of a MTD gun and quick connects. Tell me how your forearms feel after using it for a while?

They feel good. I tried using the regular pressure washer wand and compared the two and it's definitely much easier on the arms using the snub nose!