Customer Service 866.965.0400

no touch washing?

djh

Question

i have never seen Adam's products, but from what i'm seeing, i should really try to find a local dealer! Can anybody comment on a Youtube video where a guy is washing his Mercedes with a foam cannon where he sprays on the foam, lets it sit for 5 minutes and then rinses it off and that's it? No scrubbing?  i have a 34 foot class A RV and this would be the IDEAL way to wash it...if it's true...

of course, if it were covered in dirt/mud/pollen i would expect to have to scrub it with a mitt or brush, but for those quick touch ups, this no-touch method would be great. BTW, i do keep it waxed (2x a year).

Opinions?

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donC_3mKyZQ

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, djh said:

i have never seen Adam's products, but from what i'm seeing, i should really try to find a local dealer! Can anybody comment on a Youtube video where a guy is washing his Mercedes with a foam cannon where he sprays on the foam, lets it sit for 5 minutes and then rinses it off and that's it? No scrubbing?  i have a 34 foot class A RV and this would be the IDEAL way to wash it...if it's true...

of course, if it were covered in dirt/mud/pollen i would expect to have to scrub it with a mitt or brush, but for those quick touch ups, this no-touch method would be great. BTW, i do keep it waxed (2x a year).

Opinions?

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donC_3mKyZQ

There really isn’t a magical product that allows you to apply and rinse to perfection. Using a foam cannon or foam gun can help, but it’s more for sale of preventing scratches and getting a majority of the dirt/dust off. There will still need to be some sort of wiping done with a lubricated towel/pad/mitt. With that being said, if you’re looking for something to help with a RV, they have pole wash brushes that can help reach higher areas. Adam’s makes a truck brush and pole that can get those areas. There’s also a boar hair brush out there by Montana that is really good. 

If you want great results, ya gotta work a little. Wax/sealants/coatings help with getting the dirt/dust off, but it only does so much. Wax doesn’t last the length that you’re reapplying it at. Try a paint sealant if you’re wanting something to do twice a year. Or a ceramic coating for something that lasts up to 2 years. 

His video is not much different than going to a car wash. There will always be some sort of film if you don't hand wash. Car washes have some advantage as their soaps are typically not PH neutral and designed to cut as much of the film as possible but the harsh soap strips wax too.

If it was me, I would use a foam canon on a pressure washer and then wash with pressure washer and call it good. Every few times do the same thing but use Adams truck brush or a wash pad on a pole available from other company's.

Thanx for the input. i found a (fairly) local dealer in Victoria (i'm on Vancouver Island) and will purchase the foam cannon and soap from him. i'll do the foam/rinse often and use a brush or mitt when it's bad. Also, the 2x waxing seems to be good in my area as we don't get the harsh sun as the southern U.S. gets.

Thanx again for the feedback!