Customer Service 866.965.0400

anyone tinted their own car?

6spdg37s

Question

well i dont know if this belongs here or in the lounge but anyway. have any of you guys tinted your own car? i learned how to do it in h.s havent done it since then always paid to do it...but now im gonna be tintin my windshield 35% and i bought the roll and the kit again. just a general question out of curiousity? how many of you have tinted your own cars?

21 answers to this question

well i dont know if this belongs here or in the lounge but anyway. have any of you guys tinted your own car? i learned how to do it in h.s havent done it since then always paid to do it...but now im gonna be tintin my windshield 35% and i bought the roll and the kit again. just a general question out of curiousity? how many of you have tinted your own cars?

Would not even try. i have seen to many windows that have bubbled.

i did learn how to correctly do it about 5 yrs ago but havent done it since then..its only my windshield not relle a big deal if i fk it up ill jus strip it and get it done again

edit: auto teacher in h.s used to work at a custom shop for a little while

i did learn how to correctly do it about 5 yrs ago but havent done it since then..its only my windshield not relle a big deal if i fk it up ill jus strip it and get it done again

edit: auto teacher in h.s used to work at a custom shop for a little while

I would say Practice Practice for a while then do it.

I have thought about doing my own as well...

I want to get the windows in my '81 El Camino tinted, but all the shops around here either do not want to do it, or want to charge out the wazoo to do it because of the odd shape of the rear glass....

We have tinted the side windows on our boat and they turned out great. My Monte Carlo was also tinted.

I am also thinking about tinting the Charger soon.

Its actually not that difficult to tint your windows. Make sure the windows are clean and that you have the right tools for the install and make sure your razor is sharp. Use soapy water and make sure you have a lil squeegee. That seems to work the best.

If I can do it...I think anybody can do it. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I've done my own windows, but failed with the rear window. Since some windows are curved, a heat gun is required to "mold the film".

:iagree: I've got a buddy that tints windows and he says a heat gun is a must for some projects, and makes life easier.

I think it cost me 190 bucks to have my entire G8 tinted minus the windshield so NO WAY the frustration of doing it myself is worth it. PLUS if I get bubbles they will fix at no charge... lol

I let the pro's do it. There's a guy around here that does GREAT work. He charges a bit more but the edges are perfect and looks totally factory. It also takes him about 1.5 times longer than normal tinters. I've watched him work and he makes sure everything is totally perfect. I've had a few cars done by him and i've never had any bubbles or any defects.

Hey,

There is a outfit online called Snaptint and they have the tint pre cut for many cars. I have tried and it makes it very easy. And very reasonable pricing. Just thought I would mention it.

Hey,

There is a outfit online called Snaptint and they have the tint pre cut for many cars. I have tried and it makes it very easy. And very reasonable pricing. Just thought I would mention it.

That sounds like a good deal.

Thats why my buddy does mine...lol

Dang i wish i would have seen this thread sooner i just had the windows in my new truck tinted today, i would have called your buddy. :willy: Would have felt better having someone do it that someone knew.

I want to tint my Jeep, I know its illegal in IL and I would just be asking for problems but I think it just looks so good. I may attempt to do it by myself eventually.

I thought the same thing but went ahead and tinted my truck anyway, guess ill wait to see what happens.

Dang i wish i would have seen this thread sooner i just had the windows in my new truck tinted today, i would have called your buddy. :willy: Would have felt better having someone do it that someone knew.

I thought the same thing but went ahead and tinted my truck anyway, guess ill wait to see what happens.

Let me know if you ever need anything tinted or a clear bra installed, he does awesome work at a reasonable price :cheers:

Let me know if you ever need anything tinted or a clear bra installed, he does awesome work at a reasonable price :cheers:

Sweet i may be lookin you up soon, I have a buddy that just got a new Z06 and he is looking to tint the windows and put on a clear bra. I have also been thinking about doing it on my truck instead of getting one of those bug shields.

Missed ya on Sunday, i dont blame you though i rained like crazy the whole time, my poor car didnt know what to do.