Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pre-made cannon soap mixes ready to go

Marshall

Question

Just trying to save a little bit of time in my maintenance washes by having some pre-made soaps ready. Thinking I could have two, 32 oz. mixes, of water/wash & wax and of water/Mega ready ahead of time before I start a wash. Obviously I'd shake up the 2 diffrent mixtures well before I'd use them due to sitting a week or two. Does anyone have any opinion on this as a good/bad idea. Unfortunately Adam's doesn't offer a spare premium foam cannon bottle and cap. So I'd have to use a different container of similar size and then pour into the Adam's bottle. Unless someone knows of bottle that is a match to the Adam's style and size with a cap?

2 answers to this question

I have tried this in the past with a foam sprayer. What I found is the soap would not perform as expected vs a "fresh" mixture, and it would only get worse as time went by. I gave up and went back to mixing only what I would need. You can definitely try for yourself though. I am sure the type and quality of the water is key, but I remember hearing in a video that the water actually attacks the soap. I think you will find that you are spending more time trying to get it to work just right than you are actually saving.  

2 hours ago, chops1sc said:

I have tried this in the past with a foam sprayer. What I found is the soap would not perform as expected vs a "fresh" mixture, and it would only get worse as time went by. I gave up and went back to mixing only what I would need. You can definitely try for yourself though. I am sure the type and quality of the water is key, but I remember hearing in a video that the water actually attacks the soap. I think you will find that you are spending more time trying to get it to work just right than you are actually saving.  

Chops1sc,

Very interesting. I see what you are saying here. The water/soap mixture kinda breaks down and looses its potency. I'd hate to make up various rations to just be lack luster at the time of use. I can see where the time to make a "fresh mix" is worthwhile to get its full potential. Thanks for you input here!!