Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Wax as a Sealant?

BrandonL

Question

With the upcoming release of the carnauba paste wax I have a question. I have read that in order to get the best shine (and longevity) from a carnauba paste that it is a very good idea to first apply a sealant and then apply the wax. Would applying a layer of Machine Super Wax with a Porter Cable be the same as applying a sealant? Is the MSW technically a sealant or a wax? Thanks for any info :)

6 answers to this question

The MSW is technically a sealant, yes. I use MSW as a base coat for our cars that are exposed to weather and not garaged (for protection), and follow with a coat or 2 of buttery wax to add the carnauba shine. MSW by itself is very shiny but some of us like to be overkill :D

The MSW is technically a sealant, yes. I use MSW as a base coat for our cars that are exposed to weather and not garaged, and follow with a coat or 2 of buttery wax to add the carnauba shine

I need to get a PC and some Machine wax.

Once you get a coat of MSW on your car, washing will become 10 times easier.

As for the paste wax, I will be using it exclusively on the vette, and keep the MSW/BW combination for the daily drivers.

The MSW is technically a sealant, yes. I use MSW as a base coat for our cars that are exposed to weather and not garaged (for protection), and follow with a coat or 2 of buttery wax to add the carnauba shine. MSW by itself is very shiny but some of us like to be overkill :D

Sweet, that's exactly what I'm planning on doing :banana:. Do you apply the Buttery Wax by hand or with the machine? Can I apply the BW immediatly after I do the MSW or do I have to wait the 12 hours for it to cure?

I apply BW by hand, and I waited at least 12 hours after MSW to do so. You don't "have" to wait, but it's suggested. Some of the oils in MSW may come to the surface within that time frame and you don't want to trap those in under the BW without buffing them off first.

After a full detail (finishing with MSW) at the beginning of spring, I wash once a week and follow with a coat of BSG. I reapply BW once every 4 weeks. The results are inarguable:

16.jpg