Customer Service 866.965.0400

2003 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet

Z51L9889

This is my neighbor's car. I was talking to him the night I returned from getting tutored in paint correction by the Junkman. I had told him what I had been doing that day, and he asked me to take a look at some scratches his two cats had put in the car. These cats apparently think they own the car, because they are constantly walking all over it and even sleep on it. Because of that, he has to constantly keep it covered, and even that isn't very effective because they have pulled the cover off a couple of times.

Since I was fresh from visiting the Junkman, I offered to give him a quick demo of scratch removal. I did a quck pass on the hood and he was amazed. This quickly turned into a paying gig and an agreement for me to detail his car this past week. The car was pretty thrashed. The swirl marks were really bad and there were also cat claw marks all over the car:

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

doorscratches.jpg

doorswirls.jpg

doorbefore.jpg

rightrearbefore.jpg

The culprits:

DSC_0049.jpg

This car was a real challenge. I had to clay bar the car a total of 4 times (!!!) before it would pass the baggie test. I used half a bar of clay on this car. Porsche clear coat must apparently really be "sticky" when it comes to holding dirt.

After two full days, the car was complete. After a couple of test panels, the final procedure was as follows:

Two passes with 3M Perfect It rubbing compound and orange pad at 6000 OPM

One pass with SHR and an orange pad at 5000 OPM

One pass with FMP and a white pad at 5000 OPM

One coat of MSW and a 16 hour cure followed by a coat of Americana

I'm amazed at the results, and the owner of the car was just completely blown away. He had given up hope that the car would ever look good again without repainting.

DSC_0053.jpg

doorafter.jpg

rightrearquarterafter.jpg

rightrearafter.jpg

Here are a couple of hood reflection shots. That's me in the first shot. I wasn't aware that my neighbor had taken this picture until I uploaded them.

DSC_0046.jpg

Here's the obligatory product shot using the reflection of the shelf in the hood (note the Porsche emblem).

gratituousreflectionshot.jpg

I want to thank the Junkman once again for taking the time to give me a one-on-one paint correction lesson. I would not have been able to get the results I did without his help.

As for my neighbor, he's now an Adam's believer. I placed an order today for more supplies for me and the Car Wash trio and some microfiber towels for him. I'll be giving him car wash lessons as soon as the goodies arrive.

Edited by Z51L9889

Excellent work!

So Todd what do we call you now? Junkboy, Junk Jr., little Junk, Junk II? :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Now that thair's funny, I don't care who yew are!

Basically, just don't call me late for dinner. :drool: I do take after the Junkman in that respect. :D

Edited by Z51L9889

nice, that degree in junkology really is paying off. Maybe someday I can attend junkman U. We should get shirts made up like that. lol

XXXL

Junkman University

established 2009

or whatever. :)

I would buy one.

nice, that degree in junkology really is paying off. Maybe someday I can attend junkman U. We should get shirts made up like that. lol

XXXL

Junkman University

established 2009

or whatever. :)

You guys are ate up! :lol::lol::lol:

Way to knock it out Todd! That's a beautiful color and it rewarded your hard work and dedication by turning out like that. You definitely have got this down. Outstanding! :2thumbs: