Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just ordered new stuff :)

6spdg37s

Question

So I already own the adams full PC detail kit

now my fiance just got me the Super Foam Gun Kit (even though my foam gun is currently MIA)

and thanks to JJ1087 (jeff) who got me a 50 dollar gift certificate for my graduation gift i ordered the Americana Wax and the new white buffing microfiber towel!

cant wait to receive my stuff from the big brown truck..and hopefully will get a nice day to detail my babies...

oo and quick question so i recently acquired some damage to my viper trunk. im gonna hit it with a clay bar to get rid of the contaminants aka garage door paint :( and then the SHR and SMP with a dry orange pad then white pad. but i might actually redo the entire car and then hit it up with the americana wax

any suggestions ?? ? ? ?

5 answers to this question

Didn't you already correct the paint recently? I don't see a reason to re-do the entire car if you just need to fix up one spot. Unless, after you fix the damage caused by the garage door, that area looks significantly different (amount of swirls, depth of paint, etc) than the rest of the car, then I would do the rest of the car.

I would work on that one spot first and get it perfect before moving onto anything else. If you're happy with how the whole thing looks after fixing that spot, go ahead and Americana the whole car.

Just remember, with the paste wax there is no cure time, and you should remove the wax residue (with the short side of the towel) almost immediately after applying (apply and remove one panel at a time instead of the whole car). If you let it sit for too long you'll need a jackhammer to take it off, which is good because it will drown out the sound of you cursing your head off (learned that from experience, thankfully it was only half a door :lolsmack:)

Didn't you already correct the paint recently? I don't see a reason to re-do the entire car if you just need to fix up one spot. Unless, after you fix the damage caused by the garage door, that area looks significantly different (amount of swirls, depth of paint, etc) than the rest of the car, then I would do the rest of the car.

I would work on that one spot first and get it perfect before moving onto anything else. If you're happy with how the whole thing looks after fixing that spot, go ahead and Americana the whole car.

Just remember, with the paste wax there is no cure time, and you should remove the wax residue (with the short side of the towel) almost immediately after applying (apply and remove one panel at a time instead of the whole car). If you let it sit for too long you'll need a jackhammer to take it off, which is good because it will drown out the sound of you cursing your head off (learned that from experience, thankfully it was only half a door :lolsmack:)

Listen to man, I did a whole (white to boot) Tahoe and let the wax sit there for a while :loser: