Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Compound Question

OIF Vet

Question

I have a question for all you detailing gurus. Today I started tinting my taillights using VHT Niteshades. The how to steps that I am using says to use Meguiars Rubbing Compound after you wet sand the clear coat. The question that I have is Swirl and Haze Remover the same thing? If not, will it get the job done? I'm guessing it will but any input would be great. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I take it that you have these on your truck Ty?

What do they look like;)

Yes, I not only have a set of tinted tail lights on my truck, I personally tint tail lights, markers, corners, etc... I do it as a side thing to help other people save costs of body shops, and to make a little extra.

Stay tuned and you will see more from me soon.

As far as my truck goes pictures are below.... I will be getting updated pictures and be updating my website within the next 2 weeks to start being able to generate more...

tinted_tails_001.JPG

tinted_tails_008.JPG

tinted_tails_005.JPG

You can also see 2 vehicles that they sent me pictures from uploaded at http://www.cyclonecrew.com/gallery.htm

Well I finally finished my tails and they came out pretty good. They are a bit dark. I would love to keep them this shade but I don't know if people would see them on a real bright day.

Ty, I know that you are the tail tinting guru so what do you think? If I decide to start over, what's the best way to get all the clear and Nite-shades off? By the way, thanks for the help yesterday.

TT-Closeup.jpg

Brake light on:

TT-Brakelighton.jpg

Comparison:

TT-Leftsidedone.jpg