Customer Service 866.965.0400

removing tree sap

don

Question

I use All Purpose Cleaner and Clay Bar on tree sap. It breaks it right up! I spray a little APC on a utility towel, then dab it on the sap. Using the APC as lube, I gently work the sap off with the clay. I use a really small piece of clay because I plan to throw it out after. Follow it up with a little Revive Polish.

A customer brought me his wife's Saab Convertible at the Pontiac show two weekends ago. It was covered in sap. we knocked the two biggest spots off for them, they bought APC and Clay, and the rest was theirs to do!

The Tree Sap Kit:

121.jpg

+

36.jpg

+

579.jpg

Edited by eric@thompsonracing.us

After 31 posts, I am truly surprised that nobody mentioned Waterless Wash and towel. I have a dark blue 66 Mustang that attracts tree sap and pollen worse than someone with a bad case of allergies here in the Ozarks. I spray a lite mist and the sap wipes right off. One time I had sap sitting on the car for over two weeks in the garage,just a little mist and its gone.

I wish people would stop with the long post on wd40 and saying its fact. Fish oil IS NOT the main ingredient.

the entire post is a mixture of half truths and wives tails.

a quick browse of the WD40 website or even the MSDS sheet will give you what you need to know.