Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oil Change Question

JJ1o87

Hey guys/girl,

I've changed my oil on the Challenger before, but last time I did it I put the entire car on jack-stands. Now this is quite the pain in rump, so I was wondering if it really makes a difference if I just jack up the front of the car. As long as all the oil comes out I'll be a happy Jeff. I just don't know if the incline will make a difference. Many thanks. You're all aces in my book. :cheers:

Jeff,

Can you use ramps? I have two vehicles that require me to get them in the air a bit. Both have the drain pugs in the rear of the pan. I just pull them up on the ramps and that is all she wrote. My one car is a Saab and has a front air dam/spoiler and it does not hit. They do make ramps for vehicles with a low front clearence.

Steve

Jeff,

Can you use ramps? I have two vehicles that require me to get them in the air a bit. Both have the drain pugs in the rear of the pan. I just pull them up on the ramps and that is all she wrote. My one car is a Saab and has a front air dam/spoiler and it does not hit. They do make ramps for vehicles with a low front clearence.

Steve

I have ramps in my garage, but they're not wide enough for my tires. My car is also lowered too, so I'm not sure if that would work. I usually drive the car on a piece of wood so I can clear the jack lol

You only need to raise the front. Jack it up, drain oil, put plug back in, change the filter ( I usually put some oil in the filter before reinstallation), lower car, and fill with oil. Start it up, let idle and turn off, and check oil level. Don't forget to make a new mileage sticker as well. Any questions just ask.

i jack the car up then after i pull the plug out, let the jack back down. Make sure the oil pan is in place.:thumbsup:

this spells disaester for jeff when his 2-ton muscle car's oil pan, crushes his oil drain pan and he yet again has 9 qts of oil all over his garage floor...

this will make for the 5th top video of jeffs security cameras..

Hey guys/girl,

I've changed my oil on the Challenger before, but last time I did it I put the entire car on jack-stands. Now this is quite the pain in rump, so I was wondering if it really makes a difference if I just jack up the front of the car. As long as all the oil comes out I'll be a happy Jeff. I just don't know if the incline will make a difference. Many thanks. You're all aces in my book. :cheers:

when i had the viper i only jacked up the front... should work fine...:2thumbs:

Archived