Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cordless Impact Wrench opinion?

6spdg37s

So the original one I wanted to buy is not in stock and wont be for quite a while. However, there are 2 other options I have:

I can get this in 5-7 days potentially : http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00917229000P?vName=Tools&keyword=c3+impact+wrench&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

or I believe this is in stock :

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00925737000P?vName=Tools&keyword=dewalt+impact+wrench&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

the real one I wanted is 169.99 but they dont have any... but I was debating asking them to sell me the add on without the battery and a seperate battery and charger kit and changing the price to 169.99

I guess we shall see... But I am going to look this afternoon again so if anyone has any other tips, please let me know. I was looking at home depot and lowes but didnt see anything on their websites

Can I ask why cordless? I've used them in the past (Craftsman and some cheapy from Home Depot) and they are great for about 10 minutes then your battery is dead and you have to go drag out an air hose and the air impact anyway.

Can I ask why cordless? I've used them in the past (Craftsman and some cheapy from Home Depot) and they are great for about 10 minutes then your battery is dead and you have to go drag out an air hose and the air impact anyway.

Idk in the event I gotta swap the wheels out at the track... but I live 10 mins away so I can drive on DR to the track and home...

I was debating corded as well since they are alot cheaper...

whats your opinion bro? Im so lost/ stressing this decision

Idk in the event I gotta swap the wheels out at the track... but I live 10 mins away so I can drive on DR to the track and home...

I was debating corded as well since they are alot cheaper...

whats your opinion bro? Im so lost/ stressing this decision

Well assuming at the track it will just be you and the car and you won't have a support trailer cordless may be your only option really. In that case my suggestion is to get a couple extra batteries if possible. That way you are always fully charged. I'd also advise using a torque wrench to tighten the lugs down and not an impact because you can snap a stud and that will ruin your day in a hurry. For taking the lugs off though you can't beat an impact. I'd go with a snap on or craftsman. Power tools are one area where you really benefit from getting quality right off the start.

Well assuming at the track it will just be you and the car and you won't have a support trailer cordless may be your only option really. In that case my suggestion is to get a couple extra batteries if possible. That way you are always fully charged. I'd also advise using a torque wrench to tighten the lugs down and not an impact because you can snap a stud and that will ruin your day in a hurry. For taking the lugs off though you can't beat an impact. I'd go with a snap on or craftsman. Power tools are one area where you really benefit from getting quality right off the start.

well the tq on the vette lugs are 100 ft lb i am going to get a torque stick make my life easy !

but now that I think about it... I cant fit 2 rims/wheels in my vette lol... so I can change them out at my house.

Corded may be the better way to go ...

I used to have my cobra out at the track almost every weekend and it had 3" studs on the back. I had a little cheapo cordless impact from harbor frieght and the trick was to break all of the nuts by hand but use the impact to zip those suckers off the rest of the way.

no craftsman is not all made in the usa anymore you have to look they are importing alot of stuff from china now. which is a shame but it is what it is. they keep sending jobs overseas and then laying off people here who is gonna buy their stuff and they wonder why they lose business just stupid to me.

if people are interested in tools who makes them and where they come from i found this website called garagejournal.com nice little site lots of info on tools and garages and where the tools are made. sorry for the threadjack.

Archived