Customer Service 866.965.0400

I need some help detailing

jeast

So today at work the use motorcycle dealer next store came in and asked me if I wanted to set up some kind of deal wear they would pay me to wash there bikes once a week, I just have some questions about bikes.

1. What would be a good price for just a wash (10 bikes) they dont want any wax or anything just a wash.They said the bikes mostly just get dusty because they sit out side.

2. What is different from detailing a bike vs. a car ?

3. Can I soak them with water or will that hurt the motors ?

4. They have a mix of sports bikes and cruisers is there things I should do on plastic vs. Metal ? What about chrome parts ?

Thanks for any help guys.

Are you thinking waterless wash or hose & soap wash? If all they want is a wash ... then give them just that. The Adam's lineup is great on bikes. As long as the pipes, engines, and wheels are NOT hot there won't be any staining or spotting.

Price is relative to your area. Personally if I was just washing - I'd price all the bikes the same, whether it's a cruiser or sportbike. If I did a full detail then I'd adjust the price. Off the top of my head I'd say do the washes on the cheap, because it'll be steady, repeat business. Just to throw a number out there I'd say somewhere in the $10 - $20 range (per bike). Sounds low but you can easily do all those bikes quickly.

I use the bucket and hose method and never had any problems with the electronics on any bike, and I've done quite a few.

And remember to NEVER put any dressing on the tires!!!

Full details on bikes don't go any faster than cars. There's so many nooks & crannies that you spend time on it offsets the size difference. The 1st bike I did I thought I'd knock it out in half the time because it's half the size of a car-- WRONG!!

But for just a plain old hand wash .... bikes are a breeze. :)

I haven't. Not saying I'd rule it out 100% though. I'd see what your up against first.

Just keep in mind their wants vs what you can do. Let them know your potential and maybe they'll throw you the occasional "knock their socks off" detail.

1 little tidbit I picked up is : a little Invisible Undercarriage Spray works really well on the painted / powdercoated sportbike frames & swingarms.

Good luck & toss some pics up periodically.

The little metro blaster that Adams sales is awesome for drying bikes off also. I use it all the time, and it blasts all that water out of the engine and other crevices before the wipe down and saves me a ton of time.

I'd say $15 to $20 per bike would be pretty ideal to start off with, if they are only wanting the simple wash and dry. As far as the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on the seat.....if they are left outside a lot on display, then the conditioner would be a great idea. It has spf in it, so along with richening the appearance of the leather, it will help protect it as well. I'd just be sure to wipe away all of the excess as good as you can, once you apply it.

The little metro blaster that Adams sales is awesome for drying bikes off also. I use it all the time, and it blasts all that water out of the engine and other crevices before the wipe down and saves me a ton of time.

:iagree: Master Blaster would save you alot of time.:thumbsup:

Archived