Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mook, 

Do you know if the C63 had a ceramic clear coat and if so, did correcting the paint take any extra effort?

They do. And be careful of any "effort" you put forth on them - using any polish that is not designed for the silica nano finish that makes up the top layer of the ceramiclear coating will inflict damage and in turn compromise the layers beneath it.  So if you just stab at it with a high-cut polish, you've effectively ruined the paint system.  Another reason to always start with the least aggressive polish you have - and in the case of ceramic finishes, even skip the compounding completely...just use multiple passes with a nano-friendly finisher or a single pass with a nano-friendly one-step polish.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

They do. And be careful of any "effort" you put forth on them - using any polish that is not designed for the silica nano finish that makes up the top layer of the ceramiclear coating will inflict damage and in turn compromise the layers beneath it.  So if you just stab at it with a high-cut polish, you've effectively ruined the paint system.  Another reason to always start with the least aggressive polish you have - and in the case of ceramic finishes, even skip the compounding completely...just use multiple passes with a nano-friendly finisher or a single pass with a nano-friendly one-step polish.

Thanks Frank. I just wanted to make sure because according to Chris (Mook), he used both Adam's Paint Correction and Finishing Polishes so I guess it's safe to use it on the newer Mercedes-Benz ceramiclear finish. My best friend just bought a 2014 Mercedes E350 and I could see some small swirl marks on the hood. I wanted to see if I can tackle that if I bought Adam's 2-step polishes.