Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dirty Nova

DCRANER

More pics and info on the Nova!  Love it!

Thanks. Here is the bottom; 383 stroker small block, 500 HP, Lakewood scatter shield, polished stainless exhaust system, CalTracs traction bars. Pulled the original M21 Muncie 4 speed and replaced with an AutoGear M22 (a heavy duty copy of a Muncie). Has original 3:73 Posi rear.

post-1337-0-18869900-1414156291_thumb.jpg

^^^Nice!  Thanks.  12 bolt?  The under carriage is clean! 

Have you run it before?  Any anticipated times?  She should hook well with the rear setup like that.  I like Cal tracs.  Good stuff.  Factory up front?  90/10's?

Have not run it yet, just finishing it up. Original factory 12 bolt. Still have to add subframe connectors. Stock factory up front, probably just disconnect front sway bar links when I run it. Also has LineLock, drive shaft loop, and a 25 lb. flywheel. I expect at least low 12's, maybe high 11's.

Idea was a Day 2 1968 Nova. That's why I switched to dog dish, Firestone Wide Ovals, MT bias slicks, added vintage Sun tach to steering column. Has Muncie shifter lever adapted to a Hurst Competition linkage under the console.

It's a real 68 SS Nova with 59,000 original miles, all original sheet metal and floors, no rust or body filler.  Vinyl top, dash pad, etc. is all original. I have the original typed dealer order invoice from 1968, car was around $2,400 then had around $1,100 in factory options added, that was one reason I bought the car, fairly rare Nova with all the options in 1968. 

Thanks for the comments.

^^^Very cool!  I have a soft spot for Nova's...

I dig the 'retro' look with the steelies and slicks and all!  Yeah, don't want to twist her if she hooks up nice...SF connects will help you as well as give a good spot for those Cal Tracs to 'dig' into.

Please keep us posted on the progress! 

Any engine/build info?

^^^Very cool!  I have a soft spot for Nova's...

I dig the 'retro' look with the steelies and slicks and all!  Yeah, don't want to twist her if she hooks up nice...SF connects will help you as well as give a good spot for those Cal Tracs to 'dig' into.

Please keep us posted on the progress! 

Any engine/build info?

Started with a dated 010 4 bolt main block, SCAT 383 Stroker balanced assembly, H Beam rods, Mahle lightweight pistons, AFR 195 Street Eliminator heads, Comp Cams custom Roller Cam, with 1.6 rockers gives lift intake .536 exhaust .544, Edelbrock intake, custom 780 Holley from Custom Rebuilt Carbs here in Jersey, MSD ignition. Result is around 10.5:1 C.R. and HP & Torque should be in the 500 range.