Customer Service 866.965.0400

Single Stage Paint Garage Queen

teamcrossworks

Question

I'm experienced and very comfortable with Adams products... except maybe one...ceramic boost. I have not gotten into the ceramic stuff yet though I like the idea of just using the boost by itself.

Here's the deal...I'm finally getting around to "correcting" my Porsche 1987 944 Turbo (Single Stage Paint / Guards Red) and would like some input ...

Note: The car only gets driven on nice sunny days.

This is the order I was thinking?

wash

strip

clay

polish

brilliant glaze

boost?

maybe a wax if I'm still ambitious?

What do you think?

6 answers to this question

Sounds good. If it’s a garage queen. This would be my routine. Strip wash, clay correct the paint and then top it with Americana paste wax or Patriot.. If it stays in the garage most of the time, you may only need to wax it 2-3 times a year.

Edited by Ls1transam

I agree with John. Since it's a garage queen, after correction, go straight to Americana or Patriot, then hit it with some BG just before you take it for a spin. No real need for the ceramic boost at all, in my opnion. Are we missing something, though?

Edited by falcaineer

My thought was to give the paint a nice foundation to protect it from an occasional bird bomb or similar nice day threats, then apply the glaze for some "pop" and finally some light protection and some more "pop" from a wax?

The 30 year old paint is is amazing condition except for feather scratches and I don't expect to have to correct it again for a very long time...  just my thoughts but that's why I ask.

I'll post pictures as I go if interested.

I know some have switched to the boost as a standalone sealant, but have you considered HGG? Super easy to apply, it can go on anything, unlike the ceramic boost that's not to be used on glass. It's an acrylic/polymer based sealant and will also offer months of protection.

I'd recommend the sealant go on first (most durable). Then if you go with glaze and wax, for the order, I'd apply the wax then BG. But the order is always a topic of debate! Try it both ways and see what you prefer.

Good article here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/