Customer Service 866.965.0400

New painted wheels

Olgrey93

Question

Hi all. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I have a new set of 20x12 gloss black wheels for my truck on the way and was wanting to protect them before I get them on the truck. I don’t have any ceramic kits. Would applying paint sealant work? Also would brilliant glaze be worth putting on them to add that extra shine?

469510DC-C2E4-4D0B-A5AE-07B5F1BE0EC2.png

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Olgrey93 said:

Hi all. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I have a new set of 20x12 gloss black wheels for my truck on the way and was wanting to protect them before I get them on the truck. I don’t have any ceramic kits. Would applying paint sealant work? Also would brilliant glaze be worth putting on them to add that extra shine?

Yes, Paint Sealant is the next best product for wheels, second only to the Ceramic Wheel Coating.  Since they are brand new, and off the truck, now is the perfect time to apply protection.

You can certainly add glaze on top of the sealant for some extra gloss, but it won't last very long.  I would just apply H2O Guard & Gloss at your next wash, once they are on the truck.

Paint Sealant is totally worth it, in my opinion. It will make it easier to clean off the the brake dust and road grime.  I use HGG every couple of washes to add additional protection. I can get most of the funk off with a good spray of water, and use significantly less wheel cleaner. 

However, If I had my wheels off I would definitely ceramic coat them. You might want to consider it, if you can swing it. 

I'll let others chime in on the Brilliant Glaze. None of my vehicles have shiny wheels so I don't use it on them. I do use it on my paint, but I have only applied it as a topper.  I haven't used it under Paint Sealant yet.   

18 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Paint Sealant is totally worth it, in my opinion. It will make it easier to clean off the the brake dust and road grime.  I use HGG every couple of washes to add additional protection. I can get most of the funk off with a good spray of water, and use significantly less wheel cleaner. 

However, If I had my wheels off I would definitely ceramic coat them. You might want to consider it, if you can swing it. 

I'll let others chime in on the Brilliant Glaze. None of my vehicles have shiny wheels so I don't use it on them. I do use it on my paint, but I have only applied it as a topper.  I haven't used it under Paint Sealant yet.   

I would also strongly suggest applying the ceramic wheel coating , especially since the wheels are brand new, and off the vehicle.  Now is the time. With the Black Friday sale that's going on, you can pick up the kit for a little over $100, which also qualifies you for free shipping and a bonus MF towel. :banana:

If you can't swing the Ceramic Coating and wind up applying the LPS, there is no need for the Brilliant Glaze, in my opinion, since it will be short-lived.  Just my two cents.....

I didn't think about PSing on my wheels but I do use H2O on them and they're come clean with an old microfiber and a little waterless.  Mine are Fuel Mavericks, pretty similar to the ones you listed.  Your bigger issue is going to be the areas behind the wheels that will get SHOWERED with anything and everything on the road.  *Facepalm* lol.  Paint Sealant and H2O are your friends!