Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Correction 2008 Cadillac Escalade

Steven Resseguie

Question

Hey everyone... I have been reading all the great info in these forums and I am curious on who has worked on a Cadillac Escalade?  I have been told that the paint is really hard with GM cars... anyone with some input on this?? This will be my first paint correction and slow and steady is the way to go but with all things on here.... any tips are greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I am still a correction rookie,  only done it twice.  I just finished my entire 2016 black Tahoe.  I used all Adam’s products.  I used the new 1step polish with the orange pad and it came out 95% corrected,  if it was spring time, and i took a little more time, I have no doubt 1step would have made  it perfect.   1 step with one full pass did most of the work, sometimes needed a second pass, and where the clay scratched it up, it needed a third or fourth pass.

History

I have almost 15k miles on it,   I’ve had it for exactly one year.  I do waterless washes a few times a week, and only do 2bucket washes after the vehicle has been rained on/ driven in rain.

proper prep is key, fully decon and clay it.  Make sure the paint is cool.

after the polish, i did an isp wipe down, waited 10min, and applied Adam’s paint sealant.  This is also the first time, I have ever used all products from the same company, and everything went extremely smooth.

i wait 20-30 min before buffing the sealant off.

then i wait 24 hrs before topping it, in which i did 2 coats of brilliant glaze.

This will take some time due to the size of the vehicle. What color is it? What type of pads and compound/polish do you have? I would start with a small test area beginning with the least aggressive product and see what combination works best.

I used to have a 2012 Inferno Orange Camaro that would scratch easily. I also corrected a black 2015 Cadillac CTSV which seemed to have harder paint. For the CTSV I used the Adams blue Micofiber pad and Adams Heavy Correcting Compound. I then  was able to finish with the white foam pad and Adams Finishing Polish. Post some pictures when you are done!

I agree with above. It’s going to take some time. The test spot is the best way to always start. Least aggressive to most aggressive. Some clear coats are really hard. We are working on a project now that  we didn’t think would take compound, but that’s the way it’s looking to get the results. You don’t want to remove any more clear than needed to get the results you’re after.

You will save time by doing a test spot until satisfaction. Be patient. 

Hey Everyone.... thanks for the comments and instruction.... It is very much appreciated.

As for the products that are going to be used for the correction... it will be all ADAM'S PRODUCTS.  Starting with the Strip Wash and Clay Bar. I have the Heavy Correcting Compound,  Correcting Polish and Finishing Polish with there corresponding pads. More than likely will do a ceramic coat on the ride once I am completely finished but wanna make sure she is perfect before hand.  

2008 Cadillac Escalade.jpg

Edited by Steven Resseguie

Nice looking ride,  like the other said start least aggressive,  i will say the paint takes a little bit more than Homda paint to correct, yet the GM paint scratches just if you look at it wrong (then again mine is black sooooo).  I dont have Adams Orange Correcting polish,  but Its my understanding that it is excellent and should be all you need.  Then hit it with the white for an awesome finish shine.

It took 3-4 days to do mine,  due to schedule and a 3month old baby ? 

I was lucky enough to keep it in the garage the entire time, so I didn’t have to re wash or take any extra steps before firing up the swirl killer each time.  

Best of luck and keep us posted