Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to clean off polish fling

N3VRL8

Question

Hey Everyone,

When paint correcting my Raptor on the sunny side of the truck the polish got hot and ended up flinging on some trim and running boards.  On any painted surface I am able to remove it with Revive.  On some areas of the trim and running boards revive did not work, outside of the next cleaning routine and using tire & rubber cleaner what else can I use to remove the fling specks?  I know in the heat this happens, but I am limited on locations as the truck barely fits in the garage so heat ends up being problematic. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always. 

4 answers to this question

I had someone wax all the trim on there Jeep plastic, but I ended up using the Tire and Rubber cleaner and let it soak for a bit then aggitated it with the wheel or tire brush, it to a bit to get it off but it did after the 2nd time.  I VRT everything first then get to waxing and polishing, like shane does. 

For future reference, agreed with VRT at the beginning, and I'd add to do it right after strip wash, before clay for the same reasons.

To remove it now, for those reading without a steamer, Eco APC will work fine (it also removes any protection not named coating, but since we are talking about polish, safe to assume there isn't any on the car). I imagine Ceramic Prep will work, too, but haven't tried.