Customer Service 866.965.0400

deionized water

enoch7fa

Question

5 answers to this question

I have this deionize water setup and it works great. I use to live in an area where the hard water ppm was around 400ppm. I have since moved and had the hard water ppm has dropped by 2/3rds. I know this set up cost a little more but it’s worth it to me. I got it off this website for less than what it is now. 

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/OTG-Duel-Bed-Standard-Water-Deionizer-p/otg2-ddi.htm

CR Spotless is the universal industry standard.  I would only use one for the final rinse.  Everything else you should be working with to make sure it doesn't spot.  The resin in the deionizer units isn't infinite so I'd save the resin for when it matters.  That being said, how often are you simply washing?  When we are detailing, we don't wash and let it sit.  We tend to wash it and get to work.  This would negate the expense of a deionizer.  If you want to simply wash and let it dry on it's own without spotting, it's worth the investment.  As a business, you're dollars may be better spent elsewhere in equipment.

I use the CR Spotless for the entire wash.  Yes, it uses more resin than just using for the rinse, but my truck is big and black, and I am kinda slow, so not having to worry about spots is worth the cost to me.

Check out this post for more info:

9 hours ago, 2012srt8 said:

I thought about getting this one.good price especially since they do 25% off all the time

https://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html

That filter does not produce deionized water.  It only filters out sediment (not really important unless you are on a well that has sediment in the water), and softens the water (just like a water softener in a house).  Softened water won't spot as bad as hard water, but will still leave spots.