Customer Service 866.965.0400

Prep for Ceramic Wax 2nd Coat.

galaxy

Question

So I want to throw on a second coat of ceramic wax just because!  What would you do, if anything, to prep for it?  Background...vehicle is not a daily driver.  Currently has a full polish and prep and topped with 1-ceramic coating 2-Boost 3-one layer of ceramic wax,  Very well maintained. Has had had a few rinseless and one bucket wash since waxed.  Not even driven in the rain. Coating/wax about 5 months old. 

Im thinking decon/clay certainly not needed. Was thinking at most a quick once over with Coating Prep, if that. What say ye? 

2 answers to this question

To be honest, I wouldn’t throw another coat of wax on. When we use sealants, we will top with two thin coats of wax. 

Your car has a coating that’s topped with boost and now ceramic wax. There isn’t anything to be gained by another coat.

If you really want to do it, and it’s been driven as little as you say a simple wash and dry followed by the coat of wax is all you need. 

In this case though “less is more” is the approach I would take. 

On 8/4/2018 at 5:02 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t throw another coat of wax on. When we use sealants, we will top with two thin coats of wax. 

Your car has a coating that’s topped with boost and now ceramic wax. There isn’t anything to be gained by another coat.

If you really want to do it, and it’s been driven as little as you say a simple wash and dry followed by the coat of wax is all you need. 

In this case though “less is more” is the approach I would take. 

But...But...But...Shaaaaannnnneeeeee!!!  I wanna do something ?.  OK fine...I'll just Boost 2.0 it then!  Have it your way!  Whatever makes YOU  happy!???

I think I may throw another coat on before winter though...but I've got a solid couple more months of wax weather left before that's an issue.