Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lifted truck undercarriage

Devon527

Question

I know most of you on here seem to have cars, so this question is for the few who have lifted trucks. What would you recommend using for the undercarriage of the truck as far as cleaning and also maybe putting some shine on my powdercoated parts? About every other wash I get under the truck and clean, and have been using undercarriage spray where I felt it could use it.

Yes I know my wheels and tires aren't for everybody, but thats fine with me lol.

IMG_6107 - Copy.JPG

truck.jpg

6 answers to this question

Not for me, but that thing is sweet. Great detail. Bravo. I have a lifted truck, but nothing that fancy underneath.  Best thing you can do is just treat all your powdercoated part so underneath like you would any other painted surface. A lot of work,  if you already knew that.   Not much else to it. 

Edited by galaxy

I would say it depends on the look you want. Some folks just want clean while others want complete chrome look shine. if its painted or powder coated treat it like paint and you should be fine, thou I would wonder what IUC would do to it....might keep the grime off it longer, thou not sure if you could really detail it after that lol. 

All good suggestions, thank you! Picking up some ceramic boost on Friday hopefully and gonna try that out. I do like the undercarriage to pop, and I have tried griots undercarriage spray and it did seem to look better but it also attracted a lot more dirt...

Honestly with all that detail under there, I'd clean with Car Shampoo and then wipe it down with some Detail Spray.  Maybe even some of the Buttery Wax to set it off.

All of the other black frame components, I'd use the Undercarriage Spray as you suggested.  Truck looks beautiful BTW.

Edited by 98BlackSierra