Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating Challenger Black Wheels

MJSLou

Question

Hi,

Has anyone used the ceramic coating kit on Matte or Satin sheen wheels?  My 2018 Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker has more of a satin/matte sheen on the wheels.  I'm afraid of polishing too much or using the ceramic because I don't want them gloss.  The Matte Satin look matches perfect with the matte bumblebee strip on the trunk and I want to keep it that way.

Thoughts, experiences or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Michael

Hottness 1.jpg

Hottness 2.jpg

5 answers to this question

I have not, but by nature, polishing and/or ceramic coating could very well add shine or gloss to the wheels, perhaps irreversible with polish. Both unwanted in your situation. If you're that concerned, I wouldn't do either. Instead, use Wheel Cleaner (or Eco if delicate) or Car Shampoo, and the Matte Detail Spray, and call it good. Another option is the Ceramic Spray Coating which won't last as long as traditional coating, and has been shown in the product videos to not add too much gloss to matte paint. And since it won't last as long, could break down sooner and you'll be no worse for the wear. 

Others will add their thoughts, too, I'm sure. Good luck!

8 minutes ago, MJSLou said:

You replied what I thought as well, but nice to hear from others.  I didn't know I could use the Ceramic Spray coating on my wheels.

Sure can. As well as glass, toneau coers, soft tops, chrome, trim, headlights... <checks Adam's website 😆>...bed liners, and of course, paint! Pretty versatile.

Here's that product video where @Kyle@Adams tries it on matte stripes (towards the end).

19 hours ago, MJSLou said:

Hi,

Has anyone used the ceramic coating kit on Matte or Satin sheen wheels?  My 2018 Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker has more of a satin/matte sheen on the wheels.  I'm afraid of polishing too much or using the ceramic because I don't want them gloss.  The Matte Satin look matches perfect with the matte bumblebee strip on the trunk and I want to keep it that way.

Thoughts, experiences or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Michael

Hottness 1.jpg

Hottness 2.jpg

Nice Scat Pack! The wheel coating will add a little gloss. One option is to use the wheel coating just on the barrel of the wheel. I was getting a white/grayish build up on the barrel of my Hellcats wheels. After applying the wheel coating I no longer have it.

0608171352.thumb.jpg.20e0c1da11ad1957498e0f34a58b0b64.jpg0613170759b.thumb.jpg.229b43ebfec70dd04f2c220abdab8cf8.jpg0910171457.thumb.jpg.b1b7888e407dee4207293695ba4b2e73.jpg