Customer Service 866.965.0400

Perfect Trio

Moz

Question

17 answers to this question

a friend of my dads has the flex. I asked him about it and he said he LOVES it lol. I watched him work with it and it does great looks like it can get away from you easy though. He offered to let me use it from time to time but I feel like I should start out learning how to polish with the pc!

You can burn through the clearcoat using the Flex, as long as you use common sense you will be fine. I don't know your experience level, so I don't want to say it's not possible. The other polisher looks like a Griots 3" machine, it is not very aggressive at all and is 99.999% impossible to burn through clearcoat. If you have to do any significant correction in small/tight spots, your better off using a PC with a 4" pad.

Ive never used a polisher only hand waxed because I've always been scared to use one. But after watching videos and seeing him work with the flex I kinda want to get one plus my truck has swirls everywhere and water etching on my windows.

I might have to order some pads and polish then and try it out then! I think he also has that orange polisher but his pads on it seem real small. Are both of those able to burn through the clear coat?

The one on the Right is a mini rotary (drill) and yes you can burn clear coat with it.

I might have to order some pads and polish then and try it out then! I think he also has that orange polisher but his pads on it seem real small. Are both of those able to burn through the clear coat?

You can burn through the clearcoat using the Flex, as long as you use common sense you will be fine. I don't know your experience level, so I don't want to say it's not possible. The other polisher looks like a Griots 3" machine, it is not very aggressive at all and is 99.999% impossible to burn through clearcoat. If you have to do any significant correction in small/tight spots, your better off using a PC with a 4" pad.

IMO, the flex is just as easy to operate as the pc. The flex will run away from you if it is at an angle, as long as it is FLAT on the surface you shouldn't have any problems.

From what I've been told, the Adams Pads will walk the flex a little more so than flat pressure (non-grooved) pads. I have used my Flex about 2x now with the Adams pads, and it's easily manageable.

I watched him work with it and it does great looks like it can get away from you easy though.

IMO, the flex is just as easy to operate as the pc. The flex will run away from you if it is at an angle, as long as it is FLAT on the surface you shouldn't have any problems.

I know all about those 4-6 month winters. Hopefully you have a heated garage. We got 84 degrees just couple of hours south of you in Milwaukee today

I do have a heated garage;)

I'm just a bit north of ya today (GreenBay) and it got up to 79deg.

A lil' tease of indian summer:banana:

Archived