Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fine scratches issue after fully detailing

Fierce5

Question

Ok, so few weeks ago i spent one full day detailing my car, fully detail. I removed the fine scratches and swirls from every painted panel on the car, the car looked perfect under different lights and direct sun light. I used the PC and the SHR, FMP and Americana wax to seal. Today, I see few very fine scratches visible only in certain angles under direct sunlight on my hood :(! :help: knowing that no towel or finger of any sort have touched the car since it got fully detailed and i didnt even wash it since then, its always garaged and have never been parked outside in the driveway.:willy: What can be the cause of those fine scratches? any ideas? cant be just road dust and dirt?

20 answers to this question

Do what I do and hire a pest control company to get rid of them. He came just today to do another service. I used to have spiders in my garage so bad they would have webs around all of my windows. since the bug man has been here I haven't seen any. It also kills those dang stink bugs.

Well thank goodness that with the PC, it's only a smidgen at a time. With a rotary, you could loose it all in one pass. That's why I wouldn't let just anyone detail my car. I would have to know their process inside and out!

:iagree:

Tell me about it, what really pisses me off when I see an actual scratch (especially after one full day of correction) is not that I have to fix it because thats not the issue since i know how to fix it, its because every time I use the PC I think to myself "Oh Gosh, thats a clear coat that I will never get back"

Well thank goodness that with the PC, it's only a smidgen at a time. With a rotary, you could loose it all in one pass. That's why I wouldn't let just anyone detail my car. I would have to know their process inside and out!

You're welcome. Glad it wasn't a real scratch!

Makes you feel a bit better knowing that it wasn't your doing:) I was originally shocked thinking I know that wasn't there before. Especially after spending at least 20 hours doing the correction.

Tell me about it, what really pisses me off when I see an actual scratch (especially after one full day of correction) is not that I have to fix it because thats not the issue since i know how to fix it, its because every time I use the PC I think to myself "Oh Gosh, thats a clear coat that I will never get back"

You're welcome. Glad it wasn't a real scratch!

Makes you feel a bit better knowing that it wasn't your doing:) I was originally shocked thinking I know that wasn't there before. Especially after spending at least 20 hours doing the correction.

If you truly did not touch the car after it was totally perfect, then the obvious answer is it wasn't as perfect as you thought it was. The first thing that came to my mind is that you removed some dust off the car with detail spray and a towel. If that is done incorrectly, you will find tiny streaks of scratches on your car. Once the paint is truly perfect, anything you do wrong will result in scratches.

Whatever light you see those scratches in right now is the light you need to be using to fix it.

Thank you AJ but i didnt touch with the detail spray and a towel, I have passed that level :lolsmack:

Try hitting it with compressed air if possible. If it still shows up, (and I know you'll hate doing this) try dragging your finger very lightly perpendicularly across one of the scratches. My truck gets these oftenand they are almost always some type of spider web. I have seen them on occasion on vertical surfaces but most of the time they are on the hood, roof, & windshield.

The dead give-away for me was seeing them on my tonneau cover:)

Thats exactly what turned out to be....spider web :2thumbs:

Thank you all

Try hitting it with compressed air if possible. If it still shows up, (and I know you'll hate doing this) try dragging your finger very lightly perpendicularly across one of the scratches. My truck gets these often and they are almost always some type of spider web. I have seen them on occasion on vertical surfaces but most of the time they are on the hood, roof, & windshield.

The dead give-away for me was seeing them on my tonneau cover:)

If you truly did not touch the car after it was totally perfect, then the obvious answer is it wasn't as perfect as you thought it was. The first thing that came to my mind is that you removed some dust off the car with detail spray and a towel. If that is done incorrectly, you will find tiny streaks of scratches on your car. Once the paint is truly perfect, anything you do wrong will result in scratches.

Whatever light you see those scratches in right now is the light you need to be using to fix it.

What about cats? My car is parked outside. The neighbor hood cats use my car as a scratching pole - corners. Also get paw marks over the bonnet if wet. Being a cat person I haven't shot them yet - just kidding. I use a repellent.

Which way are the scratches going? Vertical, Horizontal, or Swirls?

I know after I did a full detail on mine, SOMEONE, not naming names would rub up against the side of my truck when it was in the garage to get around the back of it which was causing scratches. I could see it in the dust that something had rubbed up against it.

If you haven't washed it since you detailed it, its probably from the dust build up and stuff rubbing against it.

Dust is the enemy!

Archived