Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting Started Today

camaro2ssblack

Question

So after many weeks of building my Adam's collection, I have everything I need and have completed all the detailing steps except for polishing and waxing. Today after work I plan to start on the hood of my black Camaro with a goal of about 95% perfection. Since the hood has very minor damage, I plan to start with the white pad and FMP to see if there is any need to step up to the orange pad and the SHR.

My planned process on a small test area first is:

Spritz of DS, apply 3 peas sized drops to pad, dab product around area and spread in using PC at speed of 1-2, work product horz and vert on speed of 5 until its glazed over and greasy looking with just enough pressure to slow the PC down, then another spritz of DS, continue working product at speed 5 until clear again, remove with polishing towel and inspect results.

My question is: if I havent acheived 95% perfection with this process say after 3 passes, is it safe to say I need to step up to the orange pad and SHR and start over, then return to the white pad and FMP? If I do step up to the SHR, do I inspect the results before moving on to FMP? I know the SHR will create its own damage and I dont want to see that damage as a sign to keep using SHR when its really a sign that only FMP is needed to correct it. Hopefully that makes sense..

I will post before and after pics of the areas that are noticably swirled as I go through the process, I plan to do one major area each night and hopefully be done by the weekend.

4 answers to this question

I'd say if you haven't seen noticeable progress after 2 passes with the white pad go with a pass with the orange and SHR then always follow up with the white and FMP.

For me..i'll work an area with multiple passes of orange pad + shr until I see all but the real fine micro scratches visible and then know it's time to move on to the white pad and FMP.

I'd say if you haven't seen noticeable progress after 2 passes with the white pad go with a pass with the orange and SHR then always follow up with the white and FMP.

I agree..

Another thought, is if after 2 passes with FMP/White pad you have very minor correction left. You could also try FMP/Orange pad, followed by FMP/White pad.

For me..i'll work an area with multiple passes of orange pad + shr until I see all but the real fine micro scratches visible and then know it's time to move on to the white pad and FMP.

:iagree: With Paul!

Archived