Customer Service 866.965.0400

Picture Question

PHEOX

Question

So, I have a bright silver Jeep, and I've been trying to get pictures of the swirls, but I can't seem to. I've manual focused on them in direct sunlight (which is the only place I can see swirls) and nada, zip. Anybody have some tips to get shots on light colored paint. I'm using a Nikon D3000 btw. Also, I love my wash supplies, Adam's is amazing! Can't wait to get a job and buy a detail kit!

Also, my Great White has got some dirt on it, and exactly how Junkman says to, but the dirt still stays on the towel. Any help here? Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

If you have a bit of dirt or a dirty spot (like the black from the rubber around the windows) you may have to spot treat with APC and rewash. If it has been through the dryer already, it may be tough to get out. I also presoak all my microfiber to loosen up any wax, product, or dirt/rubber spots before washing.

Do have a garage to try pic under lights? My florescent lights show everything!

I have tried in the garage with the florescent lights, and also with my 36 LED (bright as hell!) video light. No luck with even seeing the swirls, and I KNOW they are there. 2006 Wrangler that has never seen a second of buffing and also has known mud a few times! :rockon:

If you have a bit of dirt or a dirty spot (like the black from the rubber around the windows) you may have to spot treat with APC and rewash. If it has been through the dryer already, it may be tough to get out. I also presoak all my microfiber to loosen up any wax, product, or dirt/rubber spots before washing.

:iagree:

The secret to getting the picture you want is to use the flash, while shooting in macro mode. You can then crop the picture down to just the flash in the picture to reveal the swirls. Sorta like this:

chrynats3.jpg

The macro made used in automatic will allow the camera to focus while you hold the camera closer than 12' to your subject. Without macro, most cameras cannot focus that close to your subject in automati mode.

Archived