Customer Service 866.965.0400

Amount of product question

goheels

Question

Hi everyone - first time detailing with the PC over the weekend. I have a car with very good paint, so I did the rinse/foam/wash/clay/FMP/MSW (skipped the unnecessary SHR).

I have studied Adam's/Junkman's videos very carefully, so if I missed this point I apologize --

After a shot of DS, I started with 3 pea size drops of FMP and did a 2X2 ft panel. After several passes and when finished, I primed the pad again with DS, and spread out another 3 pea size drops and went on with the second panel. I repeated this process for the whole car first with the FMP, then repeated the exact same process with the wax as well.

I noticed a little flaking, but the pad seemed unclogged during my detailing. So my question is, am I using too much product? Could I have gotten away with the 3 pea size drops over 3-4 panels by using a shot of detail spray between each one? How much product do you guys tend to use over the whole car, and more specifically between each 2X2 section? :help:

By the way, I have grown a real appreciation for guys who do this for a living. I go the gym 3-4 X per week and I thought I was in good shape. :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice/tidbits that you have :thumbsup:

4 answers to this question

A couple of things. Flaking or dusting can be caused by a few things. 1- the pad wasn't getting full contact on the vehicle. 2- product drying on the pad.

With MSW remember -THINNER is better. You should be able to do more than a 2x2 with 3 drops of MSW.

Otherwise it looks like your on the right track. The more you use your PC, the more you will hone your skills. Practice makes perfect.

Archived