Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams/Dramm (F/H Nozzle) ShutOff Valve

I recieved my Adams Firehose Nozzle and Shut-Off valve combo today and am very impressed with the build quality of the Firehose Nozzle itself.:)

But

The Shut-Off (Dramm) Valve has NO tension for opening and closing the valve.

When I set the unit upright,I have to hold the lever with my finger to keep it from just falling:

picture.php?albumid=474&pictureid=2577

You can see the ball half way open in this picture.If I didn't have my finger on the lever,the shut-off valve would just close.

I checked the retaining nut with a socket,and the nut is secure.

Is this normal? :confused:

Thanks,

Moz

I recieved my Adams Firehose Nozzle and Shut-Off valve combo today and am very impressed with the build quality of the Firehose Nozzle itself.:)

But

The Shut-Off (Dramm) Valve has NO tension for opening and closing the valve.

When I set the unit upright,I have to hold the lever with my finger to keep it from just falling:

picture.php?albumid=474&pictureid=2577

You can see the ball half way open in this picture.If I didn't have my finger on the lever,the shut-off valve would just close.

I checked the retaining nut with a socket,and the nut is secure.

Is this normal? :confused:

Thanks,

Moz

The valve will tighten once you screw it onto a hose. Trust me.

You can fully adjust the tension on that lever simply by tightening/loosening the nut. They ship pretty much just hand tight... I ran mine just a little tighter to make it hold well, but you can dial it in exactly how you want.

If you disassemble the unit, you will see the nut on top plays a very minor roll in adjusting the tension in the valve. It's all about how tight you make it on the hose. If you pull the rubber washer out, you will see how the unit is constructed, the entire mechanism is inserted in the aluminum body through the female end of the valve body. In order to do this, the actual internal mechanism, the nylon and stainless ball valve, actually float. The tighter you make the unit on the hose, the tighter your handle will operate.

If you disassemble the unit, you will see the nut on top plays a very minor roll in adjusting the tension in the valve. It's all about how tight you make it on the hose. If you pull the rubber washer out, you will see how the unit is constructed, the entire mechanism is inserted in the aluminum body through the female end of the valve body. In order to do this, the actual internal mechanism, the nylon and stainless ball valve, actually float. The tighter you make the unit on the hose, the tighter your handle will operate.

Ahh,yes. I pushed slightly on the black rubber washer and it did tighten up.So I can see how inserting the hose will tighten the lever as well.

Thank You for the help :cheers:

Moz, on a side note, did you know that Dramm is up in you neck of the woods?

I did ;):thumbsup:

Mine was loose, but once water pressure is in the hose I had no problem.:patriot:

Same here

I know exactly what the OP is talking about.

I thought the same thing when I first got my shutoff valve as well.

Upon putting it on the hose, it tightened up just fine.

Archived