Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex & PC pads suggestion

first iam not sure if this is the correct section but ill give it a shot

with the new pads i have problems hooking the pads in the center of the backplate , i always screw up and its frustrating sometime when doing alot of work

is it possible to add a fit marker in the pads ? as long as it wont increase price ? :P

something like this .....

padidea.jpg

its not perfectly align in the pic , but i hope you get my idea

sorry if its the wrong section

Are you using the new backing plate? With the new plate & pads, they line up pretty well!:thumbsup:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">337.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Improved DA Velcro Backing Plate</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: GEN3-BP</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $24.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_337_356 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_337_356 = 999754;function AddToCartForm_337_356_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_337_356 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_337_356 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_337_356_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d14%26SEName%3dporter-cable-machine-polishing method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>This is simply the highest quality, completely balanced, super-sticky, backing plate, available today. It's the perfect mate for your PorterCable 7424 and 7424XP car polishers and its Made in the USA!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Great idea! I agree, the Flex pad is more difficult to line up perfectly. Since the rotation doesn't really react poorly to an off-centered pad, I didn't consider that.

However, now that you mention it, a circle would be very smart....very!

Thanks, and I will look into that......:2thumbs:

first iam not sure if this is the correct section but ill give it a shot

with the new pads i have problems hooking the pads in the center of the backplate , i always screw up and its frustrating sometime when doing alot of work

is it possible to add a fit marker in the pads ? as long as it wont increase price ? :P

something like this .....

padidea.jpg

its not perfectly align in the pic , but i hope you get my idea

sorry if its the wrong section

I like that idea as well!! Good thinking.

Archived