Customer Service 866.965.0400

Front Mount Intercooler

As you can tell by my screename I own a Dodge Neon SRT-4. I have an aftermarket front mount intercooler that is made from aluminum. I want to polish it up to shine. I have used both metal polishes from Adam's but it still looks dull to me. Maybe it can't be polished anymore than it already is but I am looking for more tips if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Your just looking to polish up the tanks on the side and leave the center dull, right? The front of the car gets pretty beat up so it might take more than just two passes of #1 and #2 to get it to really shine!!!

#1 and #2 are great at making previously shiny aluminum look good, but not good at making raw or BAD aluminum look good. IMO, you'll want something with a bit more BITE to it. Something with more abrasive cut.

Let's see some pics to we can determine.

Your just looking to polish up the tanks on the side and leave the center dull, right? The front of the car gets pretty beat up so it might take more than just two passes of #1 and #2 to get it to really shine!!!

Exactly...I have the front of the IC painted black but I want the end tanks to be polished. I will take some pictures later today and post.

Archived