Customer Service 866.965.0400

claying

hslager69

Question

14 answers to this question

if you have wax on the car pretty important.. but you can also use 'rubbing' alcohol diluted into water.. after you wash the car with reg car wash, you can then do a simple mist and wipe to strip any leftover wax residues previously on the car...

if you have wax on the car pretty important.. but you can also use 'rubbing' alcohol diluted into water.. after you wash the car with reg car wash, you can then do a simple mist and wipe to strip any leftover wax residues previously on the car...

Someone has been learning :D

Do what he says. If you don't the clay will strip the wax, but you will just clog up the clay faster.

Also keep in mind Dawn shouldn't be used often, it is for once or twice a year if you want to strip the paint. It can dry out any plastic trim you may have.

:iagree:

If you use dawn and go over the plastic with SVRT you will notice it like soaks it up like no other!

I'm going to try the rubbing alcohol this year.

Thanks guys ,I don't have rubbing alcohol either so i might just give her a once over with detail spray and leave the claying until i get some dawn. guess i will change the oil & filter and do some other maintenance for now.

I'm about to head out to do some polishing this morning also, I thought claying the paint would also remove wax making a strip wash not completely necessary? :confused:

You're right, it will. Striping it with dawn or isopropyl alcohol helps get areas the clay may miss. If you wash your cars in a coin-op during the winter, the soap there will do a pretty good job of removing your wax over the course of the winter too.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

You're right, it will. Striping it with dawn or isopropyl alcohol helps get areas the clay may miss. If you wash your cars in a coin-op during the winter, the soap there will do a pretty good job of removing your wax over the course of the winter too.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Gotcha! Thanks Chris! :thumbsup:

He should be learning. Hes on here more than I am and in a 2 month period he has over 500 posts! :lol::2thumbs:

I've been a member for a while.. saw the light more recent..

being unemployed doesnt help lol

Archived