Customer Service 866.965.0400

Decals: polishing and waxing

badgerlandcharger

Question

:help: I have daytona decals on my charger. Im sure I want to tape them off when I machine polish my paint, but what about waxing. Should I avoid the decals all together when I wax, or should I wax over them? My other concern is, I have cutouts where the paint shows in my decals; what should I do about waxing and polishing the cut outs. Any help would be awesome. Also, on a side note, what is a good way to protect my glass sunroof?

11 answers to this question

VRT works good, but I learned a new trick from Dylan last weekend at the Camaro5Fest. He brought back a set of dull black vinyl stripes to looking brand new with something I never thought of. Hand applied FMP then just DS on top of that. Those stripes looked better then the ones I had been doing all weekend with SVRT.

I'll have to check with Dylan, but I think he used a Revive hex pad, or an Amereicana hex pad.

It was a blue Revive pad.

THANKS 4 THE CORRECTION I CAUGHT IT AFTER I REPLIED.I HAVE A COOKSEY CORVETTE WITH A LARGE DECAL ON THE HOOD.CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT THIS DOES.:thumbsup:

If you need any help with something like that I'm only a few miles away :2thumbs:

Archived