Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW vs. BG, what order?

Captain McFunk

Question

Hey guys, i'm about to do some correcting on my camaro, and was going to do some SHR followed by FMP, but i've also got some brilliant glaze and machine superwax, and was wondering where those two went in line with the system? Is it SHR > FMP > MSW > BG > Americana?

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

the MSW is acting as a sealant.. let it cure for at least 12 hours, then top it with BG and Americana and you will drool..

let it cure for at least 12 hours then wipe it down again before putting on the BG :2thumbs:

let it cure for at least 12 hours then wipe it down again before putting on the BG :2thumbs:

Bill, when you wipe it down do you use DS or do you just wipe it down with a microfiber and no DS? I am asking because last time I used americana with DS right before i had a few issues with clouding in 2-3 small areas. I have read that is a problem sometimes with DS and americana not playing nice.

Bill, when you wipe it down do you use DS or do you just wipe it down with a microfiber and no DS? I am asking because last time I used americana with DS right before i had a few issues with clouding in 2-3 small areas. I have read that is a problem sometimes with DS and americana not playing nice.

I use DS as I just don't like touching the paint without some type of lubricant. BUT that being said, I don't use MSW often, just prior to the winter and I don't layer anything over it.

But I am sure others will chime in who don't use anything and others who use WCW. But that is the first time I have heard about DS and Americana not playing nice. You are saying you applied Americana right after doing a DS wipe down and you had clouding in a few areas ?

I use DS as I just don't like touching the paint without some type of lubricant. BUT that being said, I don't use MSW often, just prior to the winter and I don't layer anything over it.

But I am sure others will chime in who don't use anything and others who use WCW. But that is the first time I have heard about DS and Americana not playing nice. You are saying you applied Americana right after doing a DS wipe down and you had clouding in a few areas ?

yeah exactly. DS then wipe down and start using americana right after that. I did not have WCW at the time, but now I do so I can try that next time...once I finally set enough time aside to use my PC for the first time

Archived