Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ink on Upholstery

07_TB_RIDER

Question

I wanted to get opinions from the veterans on here on how to handle this. Not sure how it happened but I have ink spots from what I assume is a pen on my passenger side seat and on my driver seat seat belt strap.

IMG00382-20110506-0929.jpg

IMG00381-20110506-0928.jpg

Is my best bet to use some Carpet and Upholstery cleaner, saturate the area and then try to blot it with a old rag or would trying to lightly scrub it with a rag be OK.

Or should I use a different method all together? :pc:

I apologize about the crumbs, finals week was crazy. :o

11 answers to this question

That's a great question Mike, I always see threads about getting ink out of leather but never on cloth. I don't have any first hand experience with that so I won't make any recommendations but I'm sure someone here has :2thumbs:

I think the CUC might get it out. Spray the spots and let it sit for a few minutes. Then take a brush that is a little softer than the carpet brush and scrub the spots. Take a towel a blot dry.

I've never tried it on ink, but it works wonders on crayon and cat stains.

Well I went with the hair spray and CUC method this morning. Shot the stains with hair spray, let it work for a few seconds and then got some q-tips (possible Adams product? Adam's Heavy Duty Q-Tips? :D). Any, the q-tips picked up a lot of the ink then I went at it with the CUC and a rag and all I can say is WOW! Almost all of the stains are gone, I would've shot it with hair spray again but I ran out :o.

Anyway, I know this is useless pics so here we go. I'll most like post pics again after I have a chance to treat the area's.

IMG00390-20110509-1244.jpg

IMG00389-20110509-1243.jpg

I think the CUC might get it out. Spray the spots and let it sit for a few minutes. Then take a brush that is a little softer than the carpet brush and scrub the spots. Take a towel a blot dry.

I've never tried it on ink, but it works wonders on crayon and cat stains.

CUC is just so effective with all kinds of stains. I tried on ink stains,it helps on lightening the marks..

Archived