Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Old" car detailing?

Dr. Drizzle

Question

Howdy guys, school is winding down, so the detail season is revving up! :pc: I have a question though....I got a call this morning from a lady who wants her 1991 Nissan Maxima detailed, she decided she was embarrassed to drive it in the condition she has kept it in and was interested in maintaining it once I finish. I agreed to set up an appointment and give it a good lookover to see what I can do! My question is, I am a little concerned about the paint with it being a 1991. I have yet to see the car, and am unsure of what I will find. I don't have a paint gauge, so what signs should I look for to see if the clearcoat is up to the task? Of course, I will be doing a test area if I decide machine polishing is do-able. Just looking for some guidance/tricks from anyone who has done older trashed cars!

7 answers to this question

Well from my experience I always did a walk around to inspect the car as well as the paint. Just keep an eye out any oxidation, white cloudiness from clear coat, anything that really pops out. Im not sure if your going to do any paint correction but if so you should be fine as long as the clear coat isnt peeling off.

Take some before & after pics!:thumbsup:

Oh I will....believe me...especially if she decides to go the "full detail" route....pretty pumped about this one, because I don't think she fully is grasping what all I will be doing, so the "look after" should be priceless.

Archived