Customer Service 866.965.0400

suggestion for polishing pad for metal polishing

I just polished up my exhaust tips and found the need for a pad just for that purpose. I cut a black foam block in half and used that today, but it doesn't have any "bite" to help polish out the fine scratches in the polished tips.

Dylan suggested I use the blue side of a flip pad and metal polish 1 to get most of them out. That's when it occurred to me that it might be nice to have a small blue pad just for metal polishing. Whether it be exhaust tips, wheels, or other chrome trim, a small (blue) metal polishing pad sure would come in handy for those things.

I have some non-adams finger foam pocket applicators. (NO idea of the brand) I can put my index and middle finger in it and clean away... I like it, because I can get into tight areas and I have complete control of it. I also wear nitrile gloves when cleaning any metal. Metal polish (no matter the brand) is nasty stuff.

Chris

For the outside take one of the dirty job towels and hang it over the exhaust tip and pull back and forth, like shining a shoe. For the inside I use a knockoff brand, cheap one, power ball with a drill, on LOW, then to get the polish off the inside I just put another dirty job towel over the power ball and drill. Works great :2thumbs:

For the outside take one of the dirty job towels and hang it over the exhaust tip and pull back and forth, like shining a shoe. For the inside I use a knockoff brand, cheap one, power ball with a drill, on LOW, then to get the polish off the inside I just put another dirty job towel over the power ball and drill. Works great :2thumbs:

That's what I did (I got a set of the dark towels with my metal polish for just this reason). But, after talking to Dylan, it seems apparent that I need a polishing pad with more "bite" to it. I have some scratches that need real polishing and not just buffing (if that makes sense). That's why I suggested a blue polishing pad for just this task. The flip pad is a little big.

Do you have any old 4 inch pads ?

I have some new ones. No old ones.

I could just use the blue side of a flip pad or a blue polishing pad (the ones for the Revive Polish). I just thought that other might also like a small blue pad that is ideal for the task of polishing metal, so I was making the suggestion.

Thanks for all the great tips!

I have some new ones. No old ones.

I could just use the blue side of a flip pad or a blue polishing pad (the ones for the Revive Polish). I just thought that other might also like a small blue pad that is ideal for the task of polishing metal, so I was making the suggestion.

Thanks for all the great tips!

i'd be interested in anything Adams haha...you can always send that suggestion to Adam and the team...it's a cool idea

Archived