Customer Service 866.965.0400

Writing a novel and getting it published

Billyt

Having a novel published - actually published by a known publisher not self-published - is harder than you might think. The hardest part of course is getting the story on "paper." Once that's done, the real work begins. A friend of mine has published several NY Best Sellers and as he would say, "it ain't for the faint of heart!"

Having said that, if it's a good idea and worth doing, you have a couple options: One, write the novel, a query letter and begin sending it to publishers. Another is to get a chapter or two on "paper", write your query letter, and begin sending it to publishers to see if any are interested in publishing your idea.

Of course, all of that assumes you have a strong grasp of the English language, grammar and the ability to develop plot, characters and dialogue. If so, go for it. If not, get those skills then go for it.

great advice Norm..

my sister-in-law's brother-in-law is a writer.. he has published stuff under his own name, as well as writes children's stories under another author's name..

Thanks

I know it will be a long hard slog.

Getting it published i am sure will be the hardest challenge really what i need is someone i can trust that i can tell the story and see what they think.

Billy, you can do anything you want. It all depends on how determined you are. Anything is possible :thumbsup:

Good luck

Absolutely agree, go for it. This is America my friend. Just don't give up. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Billy, you can do anything you want. It all depends on how determined you are. Anything is possible :thumbsup:

Good luck

Cheers Anthony i will try everything to get this to work on the plus side just think of all those lovely Adams product i could buy with the money:pc:;)

Archived