Customer Service 866.965.0400

7424 pc with focuse pads

srthemi

Question

Hello all, I have the model 7424 pc but it's the model where the speed settings are located in the back of pc and not on top. My question is how do you connect the 4" focuse pads to that pc. I looked at the adaptor and the is no way it will work, at least I can't see how it hooks up. Maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg.

8 answers to this question

Hello all, I have the model 7424 pc but it's the model where the speed settings are located in the back of pc and not on top. My question is how do you connect the 4" focuse pads to that pc. I looked at the adaptor and the is no way it will work, at least I can't see how it hooks up. Maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg.

Do you have the little threaded adapter for the 4 inch backing plate ?

I'm guessing you have the non-XP model, but the way you mount the focus pads is exactly the same on both models. Just remove the regular backing plate and thread on the smaller backing plate. The focus pad backing plate comes with two adapters. One to use with a drill, which has a smooth shank on one end, and one to use with the PC, which is threaded to match the PC. In this picture, the PC adapter is the one on the right:

430.jpg

I think it did come with it, but I think I lost it, not realizing what it was used for I didn't look for it until now.

I did the same thing, I have a miscellaneous shelf in my toolbox. I throw all my spare parts in there. That's where I found mine :D

Archived