Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looks Like Fun

Team Adam's

Was a run that started when they tripped the lights... time only, not RT... so from the second the porsche crossed the line to when it crossed the finish was a little quicker than the vette, but the vette was sporting a passenger and that 997 has AWD so it was out of the hole much faster.

The Vette crossed the line first, I thought that is what counts, but becasue the euopeans can't realize that the Porsche is the same old body style that has been around for how many years??? Our cars get blasted becasue they don't update the styles and when you put them head to head like this the MADE IN AMERICA MUSCLE CAR KICKS THE stogie german cars they end up crying and saying we are faster and the clip shows the Vette crossed the finish line first, not the Porsche.

The Vette WON & the Porsche LOST, I love it. America Wins Germany LOST!!

The Vette crossed the line first, I thought that is what counts, but becasue the euopeans can't realize that the Porsche is the same old body style that has been around for how many years??? Our cars get blasted becasue they don't update the styles and when you put them head to head like this the MADE IN AMERICA MUSCLE CAR KICKS THE stogie german cars they end up crying and saying we are faster and the clip shows the Vette crossed the finish line first, not the Porsche.

The Vette WON & the Porsche LOST, I love it. America Wins Germany LOST!!

I'm a Porsche fan... Totally different demographic. For the money, the Vette is a great car though. The Porsche just says something to me that the Vette never will...

Chris

Whoa... wasn't trying to spark a debate or get anyone heated... just thought it was a cool video.

Fact is the Porsche had 2 advantages, AWD and weight (lack of passenger) and this wasn't a drag race, it was a timed run... didn't matter if the porsche crossed the line 15 minutes after the vette... the contest was to see who could travel from point A to point B faster. The Porsche, with the advantages, still only managed to beat the vette by a split second. If you think about it this is a much more true measure of the machines as it removes the drivers reaction time out of the equation and shows how quickly the machine alone is capable of going a specified distance.

Lets also take into account that the 997 has a price tag of around $160,000... run that same race with a ZR1 ($120k) instead of a Z06 and its a totally different story.

Personally I'm a car fan of all kinds... the Germans build some insane rides and Porsches are amazing cars when you consider that the displacement on that 997 is only a turbo'd 4.0... thats CRAZY!!

You can appreciate one car without hating the other... there are things that only a vette does, it has much more passion and soul to it than most porsches ever will, but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the sophistication, design, and precision engineering of something like a Porsche, or the sexy design and racing heritage of a Ferrari, or the bonkers luxury and power of an AMG Merc, etc.

Archived