Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often is too often?

bflosabre91

Question

I have a black cherry 2010 370z and i had been getting some really bad scratches and swirls all over that could only been seen at certain angles in the light but was bothering me so i purchased the PC polishers with the pads and polish from here. I used the regular swirls remove(orange) and then the machine polish(white) and it worked great. But i only notice a couple little things here and there instead of just all over like before. I was just wondering if you can machine polish too much or is it not recommended to use polish it over and over again in a short time span? Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Use the least aggressive polish to remove all the swirls on your vehicle. Once the paint is fully corrected, you shouldn't have to "polish over and over" to remove swirls. (I used SHR for one detailing session last year and haven't had a need to touch it since.) Maintain the paint by doing a proper 2-bucket wash, etc. when cleaning.

Once corrected you should be in good shape but if you get a scratch here or there that's where the 4" focus pads come to the rescue. No need busting out the polisher when you can just hit one spot quick and easy.

My black charger is a daily driver and I'll usually do a strip/polish twice a year just to get a new coat of MSS down leading into winter and coming out of winter. At those times I take a look and see how the paint looks overall and usually only need to use the PC with the white pad for a pass or two of polishing. Other than that if the daily drive nets me a scratch here or there its focus pads to the rescue!

And the Z looks pretty sick covered in foam!! I have black cherry and did a total correction after she got repainted....90 days later. There have been many probs with Z paint for the 370 s 2010 model. But you can make it perfect!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived