Customer Service 866.965.0400

New taillights, slight problem..

txredgt

So I just got a set of smoked taillights (I know this may be frowned apon by some people but they arn't blacked out and the reverse light is not tinted over). My question/problem is that on each taillight (Mustang, has 3 vertical bars for the lights on each side) they all have a small raised plastic dot on them from I guess the molding process. :mad: I know clay can take the rough edge of if off but would sanding them down be the better thing to do? How would I go about sanding JUST the spot and not the outer areas around it? Would claying cleaning up the sanding after it? I know its alot of questions but I figure the people here would be better help than a mustang forum.

i'd leave it be if its part of the manufacturing, but if that is sub par to you depending how much they stick out either wet sand with very fine grit or cut off with a razor then fine wet sand followed by ssr shr and fmp. Its going to be a project and could potentially destroy your aftermarket tails costing you some bucks over some very minor details.

Is the tint on the inside or outside of the lense? If it is on the inside, you might be able to tape off the area around it and lightly sand it then buff smooth.

If it is on the outside... leave it.

Or another option would be to contact the place you bought them from and see if they have one that doesn't have that issue.

Just a couple of ideas.

Is the tint on the inside or outside of the lense? If it is on the inside, you might be able to tape off the area around it and lightly sand it then buff smooth.

If it is on the outside... leave it.

Or another option would be to contact the place you bought them from and see if they have one that doesn't have that issue.

Just a couple of ideas.

Both good options, I will email them tomorrow. They are a very reputable company so it won't be a problem to ask. I can even ask if the tint is inside or not and then go from there. If not, it isn't something that I hate, I just want it to look a bit cleaner. Might take some clay to it if nothing else to smooth it out some.

Archived