Customer Service 866.965.0400

4 inch pads glue

are thse pads glued to the backing plate?

i picked up a set of the 4" pads at the Bloomington Gold in IL 2 weeks ago, went to use it my first time ( WORKED AWESOME) but i noticed today after drying my White FMP pad, that the pad foam is coming off the backing plate already... about half the disc is unglued. is it just held on with hot glue? Not asking to be sent anything new if i can repair this myself, that is no problem to me. Just wondering what i could use to re-adhear it back on nicely. Thanks!

I had the same issue a few weeks back with a brand new White 4" pad. I used "GOOP" to repair it, but I called Ashley and she did replace it for me:2thumbs:.

Goop is kinda like a rubber cement it stays flexible and works fast. I repaired mine because I needed to use it the next day.. But it still works fine.

When you say backing plate, I assume you mean the plastic ring and velcro on the back of the pad and not the actual plate that attaches to the drill or PC. While polishing up some wheels I abused these 4" pads to the point where foam bits were flying everywhere, yet the backing ring never failed or separated. Even when I cleaned up the least destroyed pad, it still held together. If your pad is separating that's not normal, and I'm sure Adam's will gladly replace it. Like Dylan always says, what's the point of a 110% guarantee if you never use it?

P5210017.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Archived