Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Sealant vs Machine Super Wax

chrisguga

Question

I bought the Lowes version of the Porter Cable because I had a Lowes gift card. Now I need to buy the necessary accessories. I don't want to drop $200 on the PC accessory kit because I already have a gallon of detail spray, already have Adam's clay bars, plenty of Adam's microfiber towels, swirl and haze remover, etc.

3 questions:

I like the PC polishing pad kit for $60. I assume these are the 5" pads?

I was going to add the Machine Super Sealant and Fine Machine Polish combo for $45. What's the difference between Machine Super Wax and Machine Super Sealant? I know the Machine Super Wax is good stuff and I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Finally, could I use my Revive Polish instead of Fine Machine Polish with the PC?

:edit: Oh, 4th question: The PC I bought has the 6" counter weight. Should I buy the 5.875" backing plate and pads or is there a different backing plate and larger set of pads I should get?

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

I don't think he was talking about the 4" pads, he was looking at this: Porter Cable Polishing Pad Kit which comes with the backing plate and 4 pads. I also think he has a Porter Cable but just bought it from Lowes and doesn't have the necessary polishing accessories.

Correct. I'm looking at the package that includes 4 regular sized pads and the PC I bought from Lowes is marketed as a sander, but it's the exact same machine.

It's called a Porter Cable 7346SP.

I just placed my order! I can't wait to polish the car up and also use some touch-up paint + carefully wet sand a few areas that are in need of correction.

:edit: I also just ordered 2oz of touch-up paint for my car, 2oz for the wife's car, a 16oz spray can for my car, and a 16oz spray can of clear coat. The spray can and clear coat are for painting the Chevy Bowties to color match the paint of the car so all you see are the chrome surrounds. The touch-up paint is for rock chips. Combine that with the PC and recent Adam's order and our cars should be looking like new. :banana:

It looks like the sealent is a different color then the super wax was? At least in the picture. The sealent looks clear, my super wax is black

No, it is still the same, only the name has changed.

The great thing about getting the Porter Cable 7424XP from Adam's Polishes is that is has a 110% LIFETIME Guarantee. I don't see anyone else offering that or even entertaining that.

That's all well and good, but this one from Lowes cost me $0.00.

If I ever need another one, I'll definitely order it from Adam's as I love all of their products and spend way too much money here.

Are you going to be doing the entire vehicle with 4 inch pads ? They are designed for working on a small area not an entire vehicle. Also, do you have any specs on the machine, does it take the same backing plate as a PC ?

I don't think he was talking about the 4" pads, he was looking at this: Porter Cable Polishing Pad Kit which comes with the backing plate and 4 pads. I also think he has a Porter Cable but just bought it from Lowes and doesn't have the necessary polishing accessories.

Yes, the SHR is the same.

Doing a SHR, FMP, MSS with the PC is a lot easier and faster than doing it be hand.

I sure hope so because I gave it heck by hand on my black granite metallic paint with the swirl and haze remover twice, revive polish once, and then buttery wax. I was happy that it removed the swirls, but I have a lot of other scratches that it didn't even touch.

It looks like I'll buy the backing plate and 4 pad combo plus the MSS and FMP combo. Those new products plus my existing S&HR should work nicely.

Oh, and thanks for the ultra quick replies, btw.

Are you going to be doing the entire vehicle with 4 inch pads ? They are designed for working on a small area not an entire vehicle. Also, do you have any specs on the machine, does it take the same backing plate as a PC ?

Thanks guys.

The Swirl and Haze Remover is the same regardless of hand or machine polishing, correct?

It looks like I'll buy the backing plate and 4 pad combo plus the MSS and FMP combo. Those new products plus my existing S&HR should work nicely.

Yes, the SHR is the same.

Doing a SHR, FMP, MSS with the PC is a lot easier and faster than doing it be hand.

Thanks guys.

The Swirl and Haze Remover is the same regardless of hand or machine polishing, correct?

I bought the Lowes version of the Porter Cable because I had a Lowes gift card. Now I need to buy the necessary accessories. I don't want to drop $200 on the PC accessory kit because I already have a gallon of detail spray, already have Adam's clay bars, plenty of Adam's microfiber towels, swirl and haze remover, etc.

3 questions:

I like the PC polishing pad kit for $60. I assume these are the 5" pads?

I was going to add the Machine Super Sealant and Fine Machine Polish combo for $45. What's the difference between Machine Super Wax and Machine Super Sealant? I know the Machine Super Wax is good stuff and I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Finally, could I use my Revive Polish instead of Fine Machine Polish with the PC?

Thanks!

MSS and MSW or the same thing. They changed the name because it really is a sealant not a wax.

Revive is for hand polishing. If I remember correct, you could use Revive with the gray pad at a 3 speed setting. It's not really something I would do, but it would work.

Archived