Customer Service 866.965.0400

Too many coats of MSS?

fdresq4

Question

Hi All,

Just got some new wheels for my wife's CR-V. They are the Ultra Platinum FURYs.

Anyway before putting them on I have them downstairs and as of today I put a second coat of MSS. Is there a point when putting on multiple coats of MSS is not adding to the protection? I usually wash the wheels once or twice a week to keep them clean. I normally use the Adam's Shampoo, the Wheel Stick, and Lug Nut Brush.

Here is a picture, from their wbsite, of the wheel. They're pretty sharp when you see them in person.

Ultra Wheel

Steve

7 answers to this question

If you put it on biweekly you'd be OK. Anymore and it's completely overkill. I clean mine with the same method and as long as they keep beading well, I leave them alone.

Chris

Steve post up some pics when you get them installed!:thumbsup:

You got it Chris. They almost look like the OE wheels that were offered with that generation of CR-V. The finish isn't chrome but it sure looks a little like it.

The AR wheels she has on the CR-V have been pitting. They were the second set. The originals lasted 6 months before the pitting began underneath the clear coat. The shop I goot them at took them back and got me another set. The tire shop was set to do it again but figured it was time to move on. I took care of them, washing, sealing, etc., but they still fell apart. This was the first time I ever had issues with American Racing wheels.

Archived