Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which pads

Neil350

Question

I have a set of Fikse mags, they are in nice shape but the wheels are 10+ years old, I would like to order the 1 & 2 Metal Polishes, I am curious as to what pads do I need/should use for the application process?

11 answers to this question

No, they are not cleared, the finish is polished. They are over all in decent condition, but they show age in forms of little water spots that have tarnished the finished on the lips, very fine cross hatching on the faces from I don't know what, tire goop :mad: I am being picky but they are 5' wheels on a 10' car. They have always been stored in doors and never driven daily, I have known the wheels since the original owner bought them new back in 99-00. He wasn't religious about cleaning them or any thing, his car sat a lot at an old performance shop, MTI in Houston, now long gone.

I wish I could watch that but I am off shore for work, the internet provider blocks media sharing sites, youtube, photo bucket and so on..

Well if you were able to see it you would be watching Adam clean a rim on this Bronco with MP1 and MP2 using a MF applicator. It comes out great.

From Your manufacturer's website:

Fourth, most of our wheels have the center section clearcoated and the rims polished but left uncoated. This means that the outer rim (if the wheel finish is TechniPolish, neither coated nor anodized) can be touch-up polished with a very fine grade metal polish.

That takes care of the cleared or not thing. Your best bet is going to be Metal 1 and Metal 2 with a Blue MF Applicator Pad. If you really wanna get down and dirty, order the Focus Kit also, and use the White Pad with FMP.

Mook

I used the MF applicator to polish the lips on my Forgeline wheels, works great. Like other have said, if they are in need of more work than by hand the 4" focus kit will do the trick.

Good ol MTI, went there once for a dyno day. They built some nice cars.

That takes care of the cleared or not thing. Your best bet is going to be Metal 1 and Metal 2 with a Blue MF Applicator Pad. If you really wanna get down and dirty, order the Focus Kit also, and use the White Pad with FMP.

Mook

Hit it with a 4" white pad and fine metal polish? Then do 1 & 2 by hand? I don't mind getting down and dirty with it, I plan to take each wheel off and do them individually any way.

Archived