Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex polishing

jpu471

Question

For the first time I got what I think are holograms after using the Flex,possible? If so what would have caused this I moved the machine at a good speed, something else. They came out with the Porter Cable. Thanks

12 answers to this question

Hmm... Weird... We're you making sure you kept the pad as flat as possible? I would believe that you may be able to see issues if you were running it with the pad on the edge, but I've never had an issue with holograms on my vehicles yet.

How fast were you moving it around? No faster than what Adam shows, right?

Chris

Maybe they weren't holograms,just mar marks. Saw them after I had wiped off the polish. Speed was correct so maybe the pad wasn't always flat. One difficultly I have is since I have to do the polishing in the day outside the pads tend to dry quick especially with the Flex I use a lot of DS

For the first time I got what I think are holograms after using the Flex,possible? If so what would have caused this I moved the machine at a good speed, something else. They came out with the Porter Cable. Thanks

I don't think that it could be possible. Did you do White Pad & FMP with the Flex?

Ken, I know what you're talking about and know what it's from. FMP is very oily and if it is not work long enough will leave what looks to be holograms.

Here's one way to fix it. (Hopefully Dylan will correct me if I put the incorrect speed down.) Take your PC with gray pad and Revive on speed 3. Do a pass and wipe off. Or you can do it by hand. I do it by hand and it works.

Ken, I know what you're talking about and know what it's from. FMP is very oily and if it is not work long enough will leave what looks to be holograms.

Here's one way to fix it. (Hopefully Dylan will correct me if I put the incorrect speed down.) Take your PC with gray pad and Revive on speed 3. Do a pass and wipe off. Or you can do it by hand. I do it by hand and it works.

good to know. i agree about the oiliness.

Archived