Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member with some preliminary results!

ndpitch

Hey everyone-

Comin' at ya from Beverly, MA. Pretty new to the forums. I actually started over at the Junkman's Corner to get some advice from AJ on polishing. I ordered his kit, and got down to polishing this weekend. So far, my novice hands are taking a really long time to get out the swirls and fine scratches (either that, or they're really bad swirls?). I was in the garage working on the hood until 2 AM on Friday (I hope the PC wasn't keeping the neighbors up...). Then I got to work a little on the fender/driver's door tonight. Slow and steady wins the race though I suppose.

So far I'm having some pretty good results. There are a couple areas that just don't want to budge. I have some focus pads on the way with some Severe SHR that I hope to knock them out with. Here are some pics of my hood. I don't have any wax or sealant on there yet, though. When I finish the car, maybe I'll do a full write up for the "full reveal".

See you all around!

Lookin good already:2thumbs: Definitely a write up is in order and if the rest of the car is untouched yet some before and afters would be sweet. BTW sorry for the negative post the other day i was in a bad mood unrelated to you so sorry for that man

Welcome to Adam's. :hi: It will take awhile to get really good at polishing, but it looks like you're off to a good start. Careful using the phrase "comin' at ya" though. AJ might hit you up for trademark infringement. :lolsmack:

Careful using the phrase "comin' at ya" though. AJ might hit you up for trademark infringement. :lolsmack:

:lol:

That's just my tribute to him. Ever since he gave me the red pill, I'm finding that the rabbit hole is a loooong way down!

:2thumbs:

:lol:

That's just my tribute to him. Ever since he gave me the red pill, I'm finding that the rabbit hole is a loooong way down!

:2thumbs:

That puppy is DEEEEEEEP! :thumbsup:

You have the perfect attitude. Slow and steady is how it goes sometimes, depending on how bad your damage is. Rome wasn't taken in a day and all your swirls didn't go in with just one bad wash. You don't drop 100 pounds after one visit to the gym because it wasn't just one pizza that put that 100 pounds on. That's exactly how it is my friend but you are definitely on the road to Shineville. Remember, some scratches may be too deep to remove in a timely manner with the PC but at least you can make them a lot less noticeable.

Polish on my man, polish on. ;)

Welcome Nate..

Did you not see the rules? You are supposed to post a pic of the entire vehicle when you make one of these threads. At minimum, you name what you are driving.. I see the Honda in the driveway, but thats not what the main pic is.

:banned:

Welcome Nate..

Did you not see the rules? You are supposed to post a pic of the entire vehicle when you make one of these threads. At minimum, you name what you are driving.. I see the Honda in the driveway, but thats not what the main pic is.

:banned:

Haha! It's actually a 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring. More pics to come, eventually.

Archived