Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Dagwood Pizza" Mod

Junkman2008

Now that pizza brings back some memories!

When I worked at local gold mine back in the 80's we were all living in camp. For miners living in isolation, food is just about the number one priority (after beer of course). Our cook, Danny Kenny, was a freaking artist in the kitchen. His pizza night was the one day of the week we all looked forward to. The meat on the pizza was at least one inch thick and his sause was so hot that the guys would bring a six pack of beer to the table for two slices of pizza, assuming you could actually finish two slices!

He and I are probably related! :lolsmack:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you have to tell us how it was! Did you share any with anyone or did you eat the WHOLE thing by yourself? Give us the skinny! :drool:

He wanted the pizza to stick around for a while. :D

The Pie was awesome. And it did stick around for a while.

I had to call in reinforcements and was only able to eat a bit over half myself.

I will be cooking another one soonish, but not too frequently or bad things will happen to my butt...

• 2 weeks later...

I just made my mod to the Junkman's Dagwood Pizza Mod now!

Went to the store and got a Digiorno STUFFED crust 3 meat pizza, some pepperoni, salami, canadian bacon, and pork sausage.

0e2bae20.jpg

Before:

526d4ed3.jpg

Added Red Peppers and Ranch dressing

eadf8b07.jpg

Added the Pepperoni

f26811ce.jpg

Added the Salami

fa371fd3.jpg

Added the Canadian Bacon

71f7c8f6.jpg

Added the Sausage patties

d972886a.jpg

Added my extra "hot" mod and a mexican blend of cheese

e39dbd1f.jpg

Look how thick that is!

7e9c7521.jpg

After:

cce7e27c.jpg

f99a0107.jpg

:king:

...so much for my Jenny Craig Diet! :eek:

There will be pictures...good, bad, and/or ugly. I just have to find a good time when the little woman is out for the day to get one of these going. At least then there will be no witnesses.

I had one guy post that his wife was complaining the entire time as he was making his. When he finally sat down at the table with his drink and took a bite, his wife just stood in the doorway and looked at him. He finally asked her if she wanted a slice and she broke down and said yes. :lolsmack:

I had one guy post that his wife was complaining the entire time as he was making his. When he finally sat down at the table with his drink and took a bite, his wife just stood in the doorway and looked at him. He finally asked her if she wanted a slice and she broke down and said yes. :lolsmack:

I showed my fiancee the pictures of this masterpiece this morning. Unfortunately she's not a pizza fan. I have no idea why. Anyway, imagine my surprise when she told me that she wants a piece of the Dagwood.

Growing up on the east coast, Pizza was one of my 4 basic food groups. Here I have a hard time finding anything that I would call worthy of being called a pizza. I'm hoping that that this will satisfy my cravings!!

I just keep coming to this thread....thinking I need to make one of these things...but I'm just a little guy....that pizza prolly weighs more than a Mook does!

Plus, now that I am getting older, and am noticing it....I am not sure I could eat one of those and not absolutely pay for it for a week!

Looks fantastic though!

I showed my fiancee the pictures of this masterpiece this morning. Unfortunately she's not a pizza fan. I have no idea why. Anyway, imagine my surprise when she told me that she wants a piece of the Dagwood.

Growing up on the east coast, Pizza was one of my 4 basic food groups. Here I have a hard time finding anything that I would call worthy of being called a pizza. I'm hoping that that this will satisfy my cravings!!

Trust me, once you have gone over to the Dagwood, you'll never look at a pizza the same way again. It's sorta like driving a NASCAR at Talladega. From that point forward, speeding on the freeway is a joke! :thumbsup:

I just keep coming to this thread....thinking I need to make one of these things...but I'm just a little guy....that pizza prolly weighs more than a Mook does!

Plus, now that I am getting older, and am noticing it....I am not sure I could eat one of those and not absolutely pay for it for a week!

Looks fantastic though!

What are you trying to do, live forever? Die young and leave a good looking corpse! :lolsmack:

:banned:Don't do it! DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN! WARNING WARNING WARNING!

There will be nothing but heartache ahead. Anyone who does not like pizza is seriously flawed. I tried for 17 years to get my wife to like pizza, first sending her to pick up pizza for me and my friends, making homemade pizza twice a week, going to pizza restaurants all over the country. It just didn't work out! I tried for 17 years and the only response I ever got was a reply that the pizza tasted like an abortion on cardboard. She also didn't like food and was satisfied with eating cereal three times a day. :lolsmack:

As for a food group...AMEN! Although the dagwood looks mighty tempting, I'd rather make my own crust and sauce and the secret to homemade pizza is cooking it on a stone in a hot hot oven. Sadly, for weight loss and medical reasons, I'm off pizza. :mad: I can't eat just one slice. Anyone who can do this is superhuman.

Please junkman, close this topic before I have a pizza restriction attack and seal the coffin eating one of these dagwoods.:drool:

:banned:Don't do it! DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN! WARNING WARNING WARNING!

There will be nothing but heartache ahead. Anyone who does not like pizza is seriously flawed. I tried for 17 years to get my wife to like pizza, first sending her to pick up pizza for me and my friends, making homemade pizza twice a week, going to pizza restaurants all over the country. It just didn't work out! I tried for 17 years and the only response I ever got was a reply that the pizza tasted like an abortion on cardboard. She also didn't like food and was satisfied with eating cereal three times a day. :lolsmack:

As for a food group...AMEN! Although the dagwood looks mighty tempting, I'd rather make my own crust and sauce and the secret to homemade pizza is cooking it on a stone in a hot hot oven. Sadly, for weight loss and medical reasons, I'm off pizza. :mad: I can't eat just one slice. Anyone who can do this is superhuman.

Please junkman, close this topic before I have a pizza restriction attack and seal the coffin eating one of these dagwoods.:drool:

No can do! Throw a copy of Dire Strait's Fear the Reaper on the box and DIG IN!!! :willy::willy::willy:

pizzatime.jpg

• 2 months later...

:drool:Had to resurrect this ..... made a homemade "Brooklyn Style Za" this weekend. BEST pizza I ever ate and 180 degrees different and on the opposite end of a Dagwood. It featured a homemade crust that was refrigerated risen for 13 hours and assembled with simple ingredients...crust, one thin layer of sliced mozzerella, dusting of black pepper and dried oregeno, some fresh basal leaves, fresh uncured bacon pieces covered with dollups of crushed tomatos, sliced onion and fresh mushrooms then drizzled with EVOO and transferred to a preheated baking stone in a 550 oven for 10 minutes. BEST pizza I ever tasted! Crust was crisp and chewy, sauce and limited toppings - perfect.

I know...worthless without pic's.:lolsmack: