Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Kit

07_TB_RIDER

Question

Well I know I definitely want to get a PC kit and I'm saving up and should have enough to get one soon.

Now the dilemma, I don't know which kit to get. I will most likely use it to detail my families four cars.

* My 07 TrailBlazer, has a few swirls but isn't as bad as our other cars

* Mom's 03 Sonata, has tons of swirls, some key marks and scuffs, etc.

* 2000 Conversion Van, swirls, old wax, scratches, scuffs etc.

* Dads 2000 Dodge Ram, swirls, minor scratches, etc.

So with this info, which kit would you guys get? I know I can't exxpect miracles but if I could get them to shine a little bit more, then it will all be worth it. :pc:

• 567.jpg Adam's Basic Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit

Adam's Basic Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit allows you to get into Porter Cable 7424XP Car Polisher at a budget friendly price.

Adam's Basic Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit provides you with the very basic supplies needed to polish your less than perfect paint to perfection!

Price: $259.95 <form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_567_645" id="AddToCartForm_567_645" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d14%26SEName%3dporter-cable-machine-polishing"> <small>Quantity:</small> <input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"> AddToCart.gif</form>

• 338.jpg Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit - Porter Cable 7424XP

Adam's Porter Cable 7424XP Starter Kit includes the absolute essentials of our Adam's PC Dual-Action Polishing System.

Want a swirl-free finish?Start HERE!

Price: $329.95 <form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_338_357" id="AddToCartForm_338_357" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d14%26SEName%3dporter-cable-machine-polishing"> <small>Quantity:</small> <input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"> AddToCart.gif</form>

• 568.jpg Adam's Complete Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit

Adam's Complete Porter Cable 7424xp Polisher Kit will revitalize that dull, oxidized, scratched and swirled finish and make it SHINE!

Defects don't stand a chance against Adam's Complete Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit.

Price: $359.95 <form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_568_646" id="AddToCartForm_568_646" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d14%26SEName%3dporter-cable-machine-polishing"> <small>Quantity:</small> <input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"> AddToCart.gif</form>

11 answers to this question

when I was new, not long ago, everyone told me to get the biggest kit I could afford. I didn't listen and got the basics, then kept ordering more items every so often. My advice is to get the biggest kit you can an it will save you some money in the long run!

I would go with the Premium porter cable kit if I could go back and do it over. Its $550 then take off the 15%, so for under $500 you get all the goodies that you will end up buying anyways! lol The only thing I would add to that is a gallon of detail spray, trust me, you'll need it, plus its on special. I would also consider some in and out spray too, cause its cool!

biggest question is, what do you already have to add to your collection? If you have 0 Adam's products then the ultimate kit IS the best way to go. And a gallon of detail spray as well because you will need it if you plan to polish that many rides.

* Gallon Carpet Cleaner

* 2 Super VRTS

* 2 In and Outs

* All Purpose

* Leather and Interior Cleaner

I have other stuff that I'm waiting to use up so that I have shelf space but the stuff above is my collection so far so I have a long way to go in building my collection.

I'd still go with the premium and a gallon of detail spray! Unless you have the extra cash for the ultimate, I think the premium would be a great start to the collection. Then keep an eye on the daily specials, cause you'll be hooked now! lol

Take advantage of the holiday sale and get what you can afford right now. Then add to it as funds permit :thumbsup:

:glasses:

Well I will have to wait a little longer now. I had to buy a new battery for the TrailBlazer this afternoon so my Adam's account is $160 less :(. But if I have the chance to work some OT, I will so I can get a kit :pc:

Judging by the condition of those vehicles, I'd personally buy the Flex or expect to need more aggressive pads and polishes if you truly want to correct that paint under proper lighting. 500w halogens or a Sun Gun. I wouldn't let the Flex scare you as all you have to do is start with a very mild pad/polish until you get the hang of it if you're worried about blowing through the clear coat.

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy a Flex, but I now added wool pads and a more aggressive polish to my arsenal that already consisted of the Porter Cable and Adam's products and I'm very happy.

Archived