Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Adams user 09 G8 GT & 88 Wrangler YJ

matts88yj

Hi all! Just signed up on the forum here since I started using Adam's products last weekend and it's an addiction! I have been detailing for about 8 years now and I must say that I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the products that Adam's puts out! I have used many detailing products in the past but I'm now hooked on Adam's stuff!

I just picked up an 09 Pontiac G8 GT about 3 weeks ago and just detailed it before it rained for a week straight just to get the initial cleaning done. After the rain stopped I touched her up and she looks great! Here are some quick photos.

306122_698842522306_48501943_35407397_7057256_n.jpg

295831_698842592166_48501943_35407400_6582265_n.jpg

291768_698842612126_48501943_35407401_8059033_n.jpg

296171_698842647056_48501943_35407403_7428862_n.jpg

311020_698842726896_48501943_35407406_4760040_n.jpg

The sun wasn't fully out so I couldn't get the best shots I was hoping for that day. I plan on taking this to many shows in the area and keeping it very clean. I also have an 88 Jeep Wrangler YJ that is setup for rock crawling but doesn't look nearly as nice as this and it need a new paint job anyways.

Anyways I look forward to learning even more on this forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

:welcomebanner: The GT looks sweet!!!!! :thumbsup: Post some pictures of your YJ!

Jerseypeach

Okiedokie I'll get some photos up in my next post. She doesn't look as great as the car does but the only thing left stock on it are the frame and tub :D

Welcome Matt!

what the heck is that silver car?

Thank you! It is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT! I upgraded from an 89 Toyota MR2 and needless to say is a 20 year jump in automotive technology is amazing!

:welcomebanner: Matt! We are glad you are enjoying the Adam's products as much as we do. Nice looking ride!

Thank you! Just so you know you have created an even bigger detailing monster! I have been looking at new houses and will not even consider looking at any that do not have a garage to store both of my rides in! :D I'm absolutely floored with the product lineup and I wish I had a photo of my face after I used the glass cleaner. Jaw meet floor! :D

:welcome: Matt Adams really has that silver paint looking its best.

Thank you! Don't tell but my Adam's order wasn't here yet when I detailed it so it is not their wax and polish but I can't wait to try them out! I have been using a Dewalt standard polisher for years now and it has been serving me well. I'm a bit hesitant to buy the Porter Cable setup and have to re-invest in all of the pads. I have detailed at Mercedes Benz for 4 years while in college and those Dewalts are all we have used there. Maybe I can use some the the Adam's stuff with the Dewalt?

Can't wait to take my detailing to the next level! :pc:

Here are some pics of my Jeep per request!

n48501943_32075597_2963.jpg

n48501943_32646335_1987663.jpg

A shot of the passenger side of my dash after I put a 5.3L in her.

35346_594983416786_48501943_34082014_194100_n.jpg

Full dash shot. There is a gauge there in the 'missing' spot in the dash that only comes on when the engine is running. I'll try and get some updated final shots for everyone if they are interested.

35346_594983411796_48501943_34082013_2047428_n.jpg

Finally this one is after I put on the new black soft top and new to me wheels and tires. They are only 35" tires but they get the job done. I have a whole slew of mods done to this so if you want to know anything feel free to ask!

263574_687557412756_48501943_35223858_2146224_n.jpg

Future plans for this beast are some body work, some new tube fenders front and rear and paint. Going with a matte tan color for the body panels. Figured that would look good against the black items.

Welcome, and nice looking G8. Were all those mods done to it when you picked it up or have you added them since buying it?

Thank you! It is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT! I upgraded from an 89 Toyota MR2 and needless to say is a 20 year jump in automotive technology is amazing!

You'll have to forgive Nick's sarcasm. Despite owning one, he can never seem to recognize another G8 when he sees one...

Welcome Matt. The more you use the Adams products the more you'll fall in love. Where in Lancaster are you? I'm originally from Lancaster myself (Manheim Township) and get back there often as my parents still live there.

Thank you! I'm right between Mountville and Columbia. Have a Columbia mailing address but went to Hempfield school district!

I'm actually looking to move towards the Gap and Paradise area so I'm closer to work.

Welcome, and nice looking G8. Were all those mods done to it when you picked it up or have you added them since buying it?

You'll have to forgive Nick's sarcasm. Despite owning one, he can never seem to recognize another G8 when he sees one...

Thank you! The only thing I have done since picking it up was the Solo exhaust. Everything else you see is how I bought it. I still have a TON of plans for this one. I want to build the ultimate sleeper and so far it looks innocent enough. :jester:

Hahaha it's okay! His sarcasm has been forgiven!

Thank you! The only thing I have done since picking it up was the Solo exhaust. Everything else you see is how I bought it. I still have a TON of plans for this one. I want to build the ultimate sleeper and so far it looks innocent enough. :jester:

Hahaha it's okay! His sarcasm has been forgiven!

These cars are great platforms to mod, and like you I'm going for the sleeper look. Nobody suspects the 4-door grocery getter is really a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey. :jester:

Animation11.gif:hi::hi:

Nice rides. :thumbsup:

Hello and thank you! This is just the beginning... :D

These cars are great platforms to mod' date=' and like you I'm going for the sleeper look. Nobody suspects the 4-door grocery getter is really a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey. :jester:[/quote']

Oh absolutely! Plus when it's debadged people are looking all over it trying to figure out what it is! I've been getting looks everywhere I go in this thing. As soon as I pulled up into my grandparents driveway my grandmother yelled out 'Is that your chick magnet car?' :D It's only been 3 weeks but no ladies just yet. :jester:

The jeep looks great!! Love the lights on the dash...very cool!!! Thanks for posting and I think the tan will look great especially with the black it will look very cool.:glasses: I lived in Allentown for about 15 years before heading south, my mom lives in Wind Gap, PA. I love going up in the fall, and during the winter months so I can get my snow fix.

Great looking rides and :welcome:

Jerseypeach

As soon as I pulled up into my grandparents driveway my grandmother yelled out 'Is that your chick magnet car?' :D It's only been 3 weeks but no ladies just yet. :jester:

So if I pay extras, you can install this magnet in my car?

The jeep looks great!! Love the lights on the dash...very cool!!! Thanks for posting and I think the tan will look great especially with the black it will look very cool.:glasses: I lived in Allentown for about 15 years before heading south, my mom lives in Wind Gap, PA. I love going up in the fall, and during the winter months so I can get my snow fix.

Great looking rides and :welcome:

Jerseypeach

Thank you! Believe it or not but this was my first vehicle and my obsession... Er I mean lifestyle since I was 15. I took it from bone stock to what you see there. I'll see if I can get some updated shots. I know the Allentown area and where Wind Gap is at! I go to Cigars International which is close to Allentown and when I used to see the ex in northern NJ I went right up 33 to 80. The drive was nice and relaxing and I loved it when it was fall up in that area. The leaves are so colorful up that way!

I love the snow!!! Here is an older shot cutting some powder.

n48501943_31226942_5678.jpg

So if I pay extras, you can install this magnet in my car?

LMAO!! I'm working on getting mine fixed so it attracts rather than repels! :P

I wanted to make sure I edited Borat's statement..

get some Camaro wheels like mine.. definitely makes a difference..

I need to fix my front and rear as it was hit a couple times while parked.. nothing major, but kills me to see..

I figured my close looking AMG style wheels would help some but then again, I haven't put it to the test just yet. I've been meaning to try out some of the waterless wash since it doesn't get too dirty during the commute during the week but just enough to have it be slightly dirty. Looks like I'll need to order some more goodies! The Adam's website is VERY dangerous!

Going with a GXP style front bumper and rear diffuser?

I have a rear diffuser, would like a front setup, but who knows when I'll even have the money to fix or swap..

I originally was going to buy the Sport Edition ST5 (IIRC thats the correct model) but they were discontinues.. I bought the Camaro wheels and love them.. (I would've stayed stock, but I hit a pothole and took out two tires and cracked one wheel, possibly bent another)

I have a rear diffuser, would like a front setup, but who knows when I'll even have the money to fix or swap..

I originally was going to buy the Sport Edition ST5 (IIRC thats the correct model) but they were discontinues.. I bought the Camaro wheels and love them.. (I would've stayed stock, but I hit a pothole and took out two tires and cracked one wheel, possibly bent another)

That is the correct they are discontinued. 2 of my wheels have some minor curb rash but I talked to the wheel guy and he can fix them right up for me. I also have a 5th wheel brand new in the box as a spare and I have a winter wheel and tire setup.

I know what you mean about pot holes. I hit a crater in the MR2 and blew out my one tire and bent 3 of the 4 wheels. All because of road construction. Gotta love PA! Not!

NICE! Welcome!

Thank you! I'm going to the detailing clinic on October 16th so I hope to see and meet as many people as possible! Adam's is an addiction! Plus this will be my first car show of sorts with the G8! :rockon:

Sweet Jeep Matt! I bought my CJ when I was 15 and loved it! They are fantastic machines! I like the ammo boxes! I had one I was going to make a center console out of, but sold the Jeep before I finished.

See ya at the clinic!

Thank you! I'm into the rock crawling and rock racing scene up at Rausch Creek but since I picked up the G8 I have been more into the car side of things now! Nice on the CJ! I thought they were solid rigs and then I put an a 5.3L and 4L60E trans out of an 05 Tahoe in her and let me tell you, I love driving that thing everywhere! Even with 35's I manage to get 18mpg on the highway! Not too bad for a brick! :D

I can't wait for the clinic! This is going to be a great time! I think I'm going to try and do a quick detail on my ride before I head up to the clinic. I know I'm not going to hold a candle to those Ferrari's but it will be awesome to see that Aston Martin! If it's a DB9 that's my absolute dream car!

Archived